tea + iphone = bad? suprisingly not.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shoot, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Shoot macrumors regular

oh my god.
    today, at the bar at work whilst VERY stressed and dealing with alot of customers and making drinks for them I managed to spill tea all over my iphone. completely covered it. i know it should have been somewhere safe but we had no space so ended up working on areas we dont normally.
    it looked dead. it then hit the tiles below me hard. i had no hope.

i wrapped it in towels and wiped it clean and to my suprise it was, firstly, not sticky and secondly perfectly functional.
    i dried it all off and it worked 100% fine. it had a chip on the surface but very minor.

the reason i think the tea slid right off it because the place in which i work has a chip frier nearby and the air is therefore saturated with oil. i reakon there was a slight coating of this on the phone which let the tea go right off it.
    either way,
    it's a testament to how bloody resilient this iphones are. it survived a fall and a tea drenching.

the water damage sensor is unfortunately marked but hey, i have insurance if i ever need it.
    i am SO suprised it works fine.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

hummm... i don't know if im happy for you or i want to say that sucks?

3. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!!

4. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Good for you, but maybe any other touch phone would had had yielded the same result.