• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Jeremyboy222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Hello,

I spilled last night some tea on my screen of my MacBook Pro and it went a bit into my ventilators. The tea had some sugar. I letted it dry the whole night. I started my MacBook Pro again this morning and there's still a sifflante noise (sorry, don't know how to explain otherways, it's a beeping sound, just monotone.. Like a pure tone of high frequency..) It didn't make this sound before.. The rest is just working fine.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,
Jeremyboy222

durkkin

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Sounds like some of the sugar crystallized on the fans, so every time it goes past a certain spot it rubs and makes what sounds like a beep. Probably not a big deal, but with liquids it's impossible to say for sure that nothing else is wrong.

Comment

Jeremyboy222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Sounds like some of the sugar crystallized on the fans, so every time it goes past a certain spot it rubs and makes what sounds like a beep. Probably not a big deal, but with liquids it's impossible to say for sure that nothing else is wrong.

Hello Durkkin,

Thanks for your response! It indeeds starts when my ventilation starts working on start up and if I higher the RPM, the sound changes..

Jérémy

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.