Teacher Discount

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wilcha, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Wilcha macrumors newbie

Currently, I get a 15% discount from AT&T for being a teacher with my 3GS. When I tried to order an iPhone 4 on AT&T's website, it wasn't available and when I chatted with an online assistant, they told me that the iPhone was "not available with my sponsorship".

When I go to the Apple website, however, I put in all my info about my account and they told me I could upgrade for an iPhone for the early upgrade price ($399). If I were to order the iPhone from Apple and have it shipped to my house (I live in one of the 9 states sans an Apple store), would I be able to activate the phone? Would I lose my discount?

Also, I asked an AT&T employee at a store if I would have to change to a tiered data plan and they told me yes, but didn't seem to really want to help me when I said I wasn't buying that day. The Apple online store says I can stick with unlimited. I can only find info about people with full upgrade eligibility elsewhere online. What's the story here for people who aren't eligble for the full upgrade?

Thanks!

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

See bold in-quote comments.

3. Wilcha thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I ordered it through the Apple online store.