Team Fortress 2 issue - HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by pdoddy14, Jun 5, 2012.

1. pdoddy14 macrumors newbie

So I downloaded Steam and Team Fortress 2 the other day with no problems. When I start up TF2, it goes to that black layover menu, and at the top it says 'Click here to return to the game'. Whenever I click this, the screen starts flashing and nothing else happens. If I click it a second time, the screen stops flashing. I have a 2007 macbook 13". I'm kinda fearing that the computer just isn't good enough to run the game or something like that.

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

What's your OS and graphics card? I suspect you have a GMA 950. The drivers are too poor in OS X. Your only option would be to play it in Windows via Bootcamp.

3. pdoddy14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

GMA 950

----------

Would this mean fully running Windows or just downloading Bootcamp to my OS X?

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

You need a copy of Windows.

5. pdoddy14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I doubt I'd ever do that. Anyways, are there any Steam games that will take the GMA 950?

6. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I don't think there's a way to filter games by system requirements. Unless people start throwing out suggestions, you'll have to make sure to scroll down to the bottom of individual game pages for Mac requirements.

for instance this is what Team Fortress 2 lists
    Since the GMA 950 predates the HD 3000, that would have been an indicator not to buy the game. Hope this helps some.

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Try Altitude, that's fun and I play it a bit.