Teamviewer Issue with 10.7.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jmcgeejr, May 30, 2012.

1. jmcgeejr macrumors 6502

jmcgeejr

I have noticed since I upgraded to 10.7.4 that when my monitor goes to sleep I cannot connect via Teamviewer. It authenticates but then it just sits there, the only way I can connect is if I vnc in from my phone first so the screen is on (no the mini is not going to sleep just the monitor) and as soon as that turns on the screen bam, teamviewer works. I have sent in a support request and I have tried both V 7 and V 6 of TV. Any tips that you guys have found?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That sure sounds like the mini is going to sleep, rather than the display, since you can TV to a computer even without a display connected. TV doesn't require that a display be awake, turned on, or even connected. You might try using Caffeine to temporarily override your energy saver settings and keep your Mac awake with a click on the Menu Bar icon. Then you can turn the display off.

3. jmcgeejr thread starter macrumors 6502

jmcgeejr

Yeah, but it's not, the machine is not asleep, I can kick it off to work by vnc into it. If it were asleep TV woudlnt authenticate to the machine and connect, it's just not presenting me a screen until something else like a mouse click or a vnc session wakes the screen up. I can verify this by turning off screen sleep in osx, if I do that it works fine all the time.

4. DrakkenWar macrumors 6502

DrakkenWar

Same issue here..

I have the same issue when trying to connect to my 2011 mini (10.7.4) at home with my PB (10.5.8) remotely. I have also had to go the VNC route via my iphone to "awake" the offending computer before I could establish a connection. However, the work around I have found is LogMeIn, being back to my mac is not an option with my PB. It took a bit of hunting to find a client that would work with 10.5.8, but it was worth it. Works pretty damn well, albeit a bit slow and the graphics on my PB are pretty horrid, but useable.

Might be the ticket for ya.

http://download.cnet.com/LogMeIn-Free/3000-7240_4-10874714.html

5. jmcgeejr thread starter macrumors 6502

jmcgeejr

Cheers mate, sadly I use TV for everything even work so another client would drive me batty, what I did was just enable a screen saver and then manually turn off my screen, since I am the only one who uses it anyway.

6. Greg macrumors newbie

Teamviewer

Yes, TeamViewer cannot wake up the MONITOR on some Macs. It was hard for them to acknowledge the issue, but they finally did after repeated questioning. If you can physically turn your monitor off, that's maybe an option. But some monitors don't have that option. Then you have to use Shades or some other small program. Not an elegant solution though.

7. Travmak macrumors newbie

Upgrade TV client

I dont' know at what point the client fixed this issue but I installed 7.0.11220 in an attempt to fix this and it seems to work (I'm writing this via TV on a mac that had a turned off display).