Teamviewer on my macbook dock...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Christ6197, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Christ6197 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I installed Teamviewer and let it roll on my macbook pro. I have the icon beside the hour on my top bar.

But i want to remove it from the dock? Is it possible ? I found nothing in the preferences and if i take it and release it in the middle of the screen(with the small cloud) it returns directly on the dock!

Thank you

2. simsaladimbamba

Does it have a small light below it to indicate it is running? Does the icon also appear when pressing CMD+TAB?
    What about right clicking the TeamViewer icon in the Dock and selecting OPTIONS > REMOVE FROM DOCK?

3. Christ6197 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, is in the CMD+TAB, yes it has a light below and no it does not dissappear after clicking REMOVE FROM DOCK.

Thank you

4. simsaladimbamba

Then it is an indication of a running application, the Dock being the place for running or active applications. If you want to remove the Dock icon, you have to quit TeamViewer (CMD+TAB to TeamViewer > CMD+Q).
    But know, once you open TeamViewer again, the Dock icon will appear again, but it will disappear again once TeamViewer has been quit again.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

5. Christ6197 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much.

It´s impossible to have it run and remove the dock icon?

6. simsaladimbamba

You could hide the Dock, or depending on your Mac OS X version and TeamViewer version, TeamViewer might offer it in its Preferences.
    There are also some hacks for that, as far as I remember, but since I rarely use the Dock, except for Drag & Drop to open several files with other than the standard application, I never mind the Dock, it is actually just hidden on the bottom.

7. Christ6197 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for ll of this.

I have a macbook pro retina, brand new.

My first step with Mac.

It is greatly appreciated.

8. simsaladimbamba

No problem. Be sure to check out the link I provided in post #4 and maybe even the following video, it will help ease the transition.