teamworking on a website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Macnoviz, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

Hi,

I have a website I made for a local organisation (which I am part of) and it includes a news section. It's all done in XHTML+CSS originally and now I switched to PHP to be able to quickly update sitewide ( include("header.php") and such and such)
    but what I would like to do now is letting other members update the news. Now everything is just in plain HTML for that, but I was hoping to use PHP, otherwise I would have to explain them FTP, basic HTML, etc. which I really don't see happening. I have a mySQL database, but no idea how to use it. (I generally only learn things when I need them)
    Do you have any thoughts on how to do this as simply as possible?

2. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

If you want simple, straight to the point current news, we've used CuteNews before.

http://cutephp.com/

Works great. Has a short story, long story, people can upload pictures and what not. I guess it depends how in-depth you want to get with how much control over content.

3. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

that looks nice, but I'm afraid it will get a bit feature bloated. All I really need is for them to be able to enter plain text and have it appear on the website

4. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

5. Macnoviz thread starter macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

no, sorry, I'm not spamming here, but I just realised that RSS may the easiest method. I just need some code to include the feed (title and description are enough) into my site. Making te feed itself should be possible for the other users, it's a matter of downloading the xml file, copying and pasting an item, adjusting the text and reuploading. I could probably make a form to let them upload the xml file.

6. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

try the inblogit.com service.
    you just put a few code snippets into your page and you have a nice news/blog page that you can update via their website.