Teb or nudge text in numbers (inset margin) ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aircanman, May 11, 2012.

1. aircanman macrumors 6502

Wondering if someone can help me with this, I want to move text over a little in the cell, like tabbing, I use inset margin, but with the text centred in the middle of the cell, if you push this over 5pt it moves the text out of the cell.

In excel there is a button which pushes the text over the cell and has no limit, is there something I can do?

Hope the explanation is clear enough!

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

Not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish.

You can make a cell in Numbers bigger, so you the inset margin has more room to move.

If you don't need to use a spread sheet, then try Text Boxes. When you select the Text Box you can move it pixel by pixel by tapping the arrow keys. I believe you can select a multiple of Text Boxes and use Arrangement and Align options to get them lined up. Then you can either just move all the selected Text Boxes with the arrow keys or Group them (When you click on any one box you are selecting them all).

Hope this helps.

3. aircanman thread starter macrumors 6502

Basically trying to nudge text over on all cells, so it starts in them a little, there is a button to do this on excel, but the inset margin does what I want, but not enough, if you move it too far over the text moves down and to the right, out of the cell.

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

Can you make the cells bigger? That'll give you more room to work inside the cell. Or move all the cells over. Do you need to see the cell border lines? If they are invisible, then you can just move the column over.