Tech 21 Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Delorean2006, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

I just purchased a clear Tech 21 Impact Check from best buy yesterday, i have always known about the cases for a while but have never seen them in person before, the case is really nice to hold and had no idea it was a TPU case until i took it out of the packaging, it has an orange shock absorber imbedded in the case and i think it looks pretty cool with it, overall i really like the look and feel of the case, I just wanted to know if anybody else has tried out any other Tech 21 cases and what their thoughts and opinions of the cases?

2. stellasturm macrumors newbie

re: Tech 21 cases

Hello, I have the Tech 21 Impact Mesh bumper Smoke (iPhone 5s) and it really suits me. I travel a fair amount, and wanted something that would protect. One thing to mention is I've had a devil of a time trying to fit a tempered glass screen protector, but the Impact Mesh's construct (and your's may be similar?) "lifts" the screen off of any surface you might lay the phone down on, face down. I'm not one to have multiple bumpers/cases, & was looking for something durable but not too weighty. I pair it with a sleeve built to accommodate the bumper and I feel the phone is maximally protected. I clean it often enough that I can appreciate its naked beauty in the safety of my home :)

3. artfun macrumors member

They kind of expensive (about 30 on Amazon). Do they protect better than cheaper alternatives?

4. stellasturm macrumors newbie

re: Tech 21 cases

Delorean2006 not trying to hijack this thread: for me, the Impact Mesh provides the protection I need and I don't have the budget to experiment with cheaper alternatives. When the day comes that I might need to replace this, I may take a gander and see what is available cheaper with all the things that are must-haves for me in a bumper. I got it at the same time as purchasing the phone and among the selection available, it provided what I was looking for at a price that I had budgeted for initial rig needed. Given the incredible and interesting universe of accessories available, I'm sure there are indeed ones that protect just as well for cheaper. For my needs, on that day with the selection available and the budget I had: the Impact Mesh works and I'm pleased with it.

5. Delorean2006 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no worries at all, sort of why I started this thread just to get some more perspective on what people thought of the cases and why they chose them and so on, I have always been a dedicated Incase and Speck fan but decided to give Tech 21 a try because they're different and the case I chose just looked really awesome