Tech 21 Patriot, is there a similar case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macher, Apr 11, 2015.

1. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Been using the Tech21 Patriot case and I'm looking for a similar case. I like the Patriot's look compared to other rugged cases out there. The case for me is actually a very nice looking case for a rugged case compared to the other rugged cases I checked out. What I hate about the Patriot is the built in screen protector which is making me look for a similar case with a better built in screen protector experience. I've had 3 replacements from Best Buy because of the screen protector. There's too much space between the built in screen protector and my iPhone screen. At first I had to get used to tapping harder which I did but now I can't stand to hear the tapping sound that is needed because I have to tap harder. I called Tech21 support and they admitted that there is space between the built in screen protector and the iPhone screen which causes tapping harder and the tapping sound.

I really want to love this case but the built in screen protector is horrible in my opinion. I know people wih the Otterbox Defender and their built in screen protector is pretty flush with their iPhone screen. The Patriot is just a way better looking case than the Defender.

Any suggestions? Or is there a very similar case to the Patriot that has a better built in scree protector experience?

2. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I had the Patriot case. I exchanged mine and received one with a better screen protector, much more flush than the previous one. But then I went back to the defender, it felt like the defender was a slightly slimmer case compared to the Patriot case. Switched backed to the defender, and haven't looked back since.

3. macher thread starter macrumors 6502a

macher

Yea Defender is slimmer but not significantly slimmer to me. My opinion is the Patriot is a way nicer looking case.

I've had 3 exes he's already with the Patriot and all have same built in screen protector issue.