Tech advise for Lord Vader.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ryanwarsaw, Dec 18, 2016.

1. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

CONTAINS SPOILERS

Watched Star Wars Rogue. It seems the IT department might be lacking. If you were Darth
    Vader how would you shore up security around the Deathstar?

I would require my personnel to have cell phones or at least skype.

I would advise Lord Vader to not store blueprints to the Deathstar on removable optical discs that are unencrypted.

I would get Darth a timecapsule for Christmas. Maybe even show him the benefits of mirror raid. At the very least Darth would understand the exploit to the Deathstar given this strategy. Back up copies of the Deathstar blueprints would need to have some sort of redundancy.

I would advise Darth to not wire the main switch to the shield out in the garden. Maybe find a secure spot in the fortress.

Short of hiring Microsoft engineers, what can Darth do?

I happen to work for the dark side and would love to hear from the rebel engineers.

I would simply tell Darth Vader to "think differently".

Final thing is would Airpods be a good fit for Vader?

Title should be advice...

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Haha, this is priceless! So true though. Perhaps technology developed differently in that region of space. Maybe hackers and data thieves were dealt with so severely it wasn't anticipated anyone would dare attack.

Though, seriously with an active rebellion in progress security did seem rather lax.

However, like all dictators and senior execs, Darth probably delegated much of local security to subordinates and given the empire's propensity to kill anyone who might question decision making I imagine the folks in charge aren't the best.

3. ryanwarsaw thread starter macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

So you are saying the dark side would consume Vader no matter what? It would probably be a rather thankless job upgrading his servers. If he was my customer I am using an Indian call center for sure.

4. meerkat1990 macrumors member

meerkat1990

I can't contemplate how difficult it would be to negotiate with the empire for technical services. They'd probably kill the manager at my Scarif datacenter and enslave my staff. Outsourcing the datacenter might be a good idea but I imagine I'd have to significantly increase security at the off-world facility to assure the rebellion wouldn't be able to access the data.

Calling up Vader and saying; "I'm sorry but a rebel attack breached the datacenter and your secure documents were stolen and since you didn't pay for the advanced encryption option you may need to redesign any projects documented in the stolen documents. Further we will be adding an additional security surcharge should you wish to continue with our services"

I doubt the person making that call would finish the first sentence.