Tech Armor HD 3 Pack

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by StophMac24, Oct 24, 2014.

1. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Anyone else order this from amazon? It cost only $6.95 for a pack of 3. Good for someone who needs something to get by with until a good glass SP comes.

I installed one of the 3 that came on my phone and I have a nice ring of what looks like part of the protector not stuck to the screen. I am assuming this is because of the curve, however, I thought these were made to go right up to the curve and stop just before it.

My placement is spot on. anyone else have experience with these?

I plan on keeping it because you can't beat the price, however, my OCD is killing me.

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Not sure what you're saying but mine is just a curve.

3. drtran83 macrumors member

I've gone through 3 different versions of the TA HD clear sp's.

First was the "pre-release" set which fit horribly and had the large cutout at the top for the camera, sensor and speaker. This set didn't even fit the viewable portion of the lcd.

Second was a "revised" version that still had everything as above and was supposed to fit better. However it still wasn't cut right, it still didn't cover the viewable portion of the lcd.

Third set was another "revision" with a longer fit with better camera, speaker and sensor cutouts. This version still did not properly cover the viewable portion of the screen.

I've been back and forth with their CS and I can't seem to get a set that fits properly just to cover the lcd.

So I've thrown up my hands at TA and I ordered the iCarez HD clear which was 1.00 less than the TA. I'm waiting for them to arrive, hopefully it'll be better.

4. Ann P, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

Ann P macrumors 68020

Tech Armor HD 3 Pack

Ordered the TA hd on 9/20, a day after my phone delivered and the LCD screen portion seem to fit precisely. What do you think? Aside from the rather large cut-outs up top, I'm pretty content with it.

Attached Files:

5. drtran83 macrumors member

That looks like the old version that I received right after the phone released. Mine didn't cover the lcd very well.

TA now has a newer cutout for the camera, speaker, and sensor.

I'll post pics next chance I get.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I'm trying to get the new version before I get my 6+. I'm been a long time customer of theirs since the iPhone 5. I also ordered the glass one as well.

7. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I had one on my iPhone 6 when i first got it, i took it off a week later because i couldn't stand it. Really seems like a drop in quality from their previous fantastic protectors

Hopefully these new version are better