Tech Support Questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BellaMaggs, Apr 24, 2015.

1. BellaMaggs macrumors newbie

BellaMaggs

Hi, I received my 38mm SS Milaenese Loop bright and early this morning by picking up at my local UPS CC, and have been playing with it ever since. I need to pace myself because I'm feeling really overwhelmed going through videos trying to learn everything I can, so now I need some help and haven't been able to find an answer online.

Does anyone know if the passcode can be turned off? I hate it!

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I son't think so. It's a security feature to protect your watch from being used for :apple: Pay if it get stolen, but I could be mistaken.

3. BellaMaggs thread starter macrumors newbie

BellaMaggs

Unfortunately I think you are probably correct. Oh well, the option is there to turn it off, so maybe they will make it available in a future release.

----------

Another question for the experts!

What should I do with the watch while in a movie theater to keep it from making noise or lighting up when I raise my wrist?

4. JWalker1995 macrumors regular

Passcode can be turned off (UK anyway) its in the Watch Setting on your iPhone

Movie Theatre:
    Active the screen
    Swipe up
    Go to the left most place
    Enable Do Not Disturb
    Enjoy Film

5. BellaMaggs thread starter macrumors newbie

BellaMaggs

Thanks so much for this great info! I think the reason I can't turn it off (greyed out on phone settings) has to do with the security settings my company has on my iPhone.

6. BigMovieGeek macrumors regular

There's a setting to unlock the watch automatically once you've unlocked your phone. The watch then stays unlocked while ever you're wearing it. Pretty nifty.

7. Sherbst macrumors newbie

I'm sure this is correct......my personal iPhone is required to have a pass code for security purposes for my work email account