Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nick11Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
California
Thought I would share this. Ordered a tech21 Evo Elite case for my iPhone 7 online from that company on September 15, 2016 and never received it. I wrote them twice with no response. Also called them but they only allowed me to leave a voicemail. That call was never returned.

Never heard back from them at all until a form email I received on Oct. 14. That said:

We're sorry...
We know it's taking longer than we'd like to get your tech21 case and we understand how frustrating this must be for you and how important it is to keep your new iPhone protected.

Unfortunately it's because demand has far exceeded our expectations and we've temporarily run out of stock of your case.

We're doing everything we can to get new stock in as quickly as possible, but we don't want to leave you waiting any longer without a protected phone.

Therefore, we'd like to offer you a free case to keep you covered until you receive your original order.
There's no catch, just reply to this email saying 'Yes please' and confirm your address and phone number, and we'll send your emergency iPhone case straight away.

Well I did that right away but still nothing from tech21. No "free" case has yet arrived.
I'm out $50. and don't see how i'd ever buy a case from these guys again.

Thanks for nothing tech21.

Meanwhile, the Apple leather case I bought as a substitute is great.

moptart

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2010
Ditto, I had such a bad experience over a period of two months American Express had to step in and get a refund for me.

I don't care how great their products are I will never give them another penny of my money !

Reactions: Nick11Mac

Nick11Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
California
Ditto, I had such a bad experience over a period of two months American Express had to step in and get a refund for me.

I don't care how great their products are I will never give them another penny of my money !

Same here!

KOTULCN

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Great...I sent Case back to them, which was delivered over a week ago and I have not received a refund on my CC yet. I emailed them and they sent a generated "we're extremely busy yada yada reply. I'm going to try and contact them again before I call my CC company.

Nick11Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
California
Great...I sent Case back to them, which was delivered over a week ago and I have not received a refund on my CC yet. I emailed them and they sent a generated "we're extremely busy yada yada reply. I'm going to try and contact them again before I call my CC company.

If others are having problems with tech21 maybe they'll shape up. I won't be buying from them though.

I think you're right about contacting them a last time before your CC company. Think I'll do the same.

bmdub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I, too, have had a terrible experience with them. Ordered from them twice and never received anything. Took over 3 weeks to process refund the first time and a week the second time. I absolutely LOVE their products but they have lost me as a customer. I did not receive a response to my emails until I posted a comment on their Facebook. Even then they made promises they did not keep...told me my order would ship on a Sunday, customer service would contact me shortly, etc. They did not offer me anything and I let them know how disappointed I was with their service and that they had lost a customer. Obviously they couldn't have cared less. I'm still on the hunt for my replacement case.

Nick11Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
California
I, too, have had a terrible experience with them. Ordered from them twice and never received anything. Took over 3 weeks to process refund the first time and a week the second time. I absolutely LOVE their products but they have lost me as a customer. I did not receive a response to my emails until I posted a comment on their Facebook. Even then they made promises they did not keep...told me my order would ship on a Sunday, customer service would contact me shortly, etc. They did not offer me anything and I let them know how disappointed I was with their service and that they had lost a customer. Obviously they couldn't have cared less. I'm still on the hunt for my replacement case.

They do have nice products. Last year I bought a tech21 case at the Apple store and liked it a lot. This year I thought I'd order one online from tech 21. It was ordered ahead of time for my iPhone 7 in the hope it would arrive by the time I picked up the phone. Turns out that was a mistake. I hope they realize they've created a number of unhappy customers and sort it all out.

bmdub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN
They do have nice products. Last year I bought a tech21 case at the Apple store and liked it a lot. This year I thought I'd order one online from tech 21. It was ordered ahead of time for my iPhone 7 in the hope it would arrive by the time I picked up the phone. Turns out that was a mistake. I hope they realize they've created a number of unhappy customers and sort it all out.

Yep, same story here. Ordered a case that was supposed to ship on launch day. 2.5 weeks later no case. Ordered a second Tactical Extreme that was available to ship when the order was placed. Over a week later, no case. Customer service told me they had too many customers to be able to notify of delays. I sent messages via Facebook expressing my extreme disappointment with them. They obviously didn't care. It's sad really. I am obviously brand loyal and don't mind paying premium prices for quality products or excellent customer service, so it is very unfortunate I can no longer give them my business. Take Zagg for example...are their products really that superior? I don't know and don't care. They have protected my devices without fail for several years and their customer service is simply fantastic! I just dropped $50 for their new Sapphire Glass. If you've never dealt with Zagg, I highly recommend them.

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
I ordered the Tech21 case for my 7 Plus on Oct 28 and it arrived on November 3, and it is a wonderful case. My case is the "EVO Check" in Clear/White, and its dazzling with my Silver phone. It makes the white face look great and the grip is very good.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experiences, but thought I should mention that they're obviously still around and shipping product. I hope yours arrive soon.

Nick11Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
California
I ordered the Tech21 case for my 7 Plus on Oct 28 and it arrived on November 3, and it is a wonderful case. My case is the "EVO Check" in Clear/White, and its dazzling with my Silver phone. It makes the white face look great and the grip is very good.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experiences, but thought I should mention that they're obviously still around and shipping product. I hope yours arrive soon.

Yesterday I got an email from them. It was apologetic and explained that demand for certain models exceeded their expectations. The email said I would be getting the Evo Elite model case in a couple of weeks. So I guess only certain models were in short supply. Hope they get it all together for next time.

Reactions: Alameda

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Yesterday I got an email from them. It was apologetic and explained that demand for certain models exceeded their expectations. The email said I would be getting the Evo Elite model case in a couple of weeks. So I guess only certain models were in short supply. Hope they get it all together for next time.
It's amazing that it takes so much hard work to build a company and establish a reputation, and one or two mistakes to bring it all crashing down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.