Tech21 bumper (smoke/orange)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by metalfab, Jan 19, 2013.

1. metalfab, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013

metalfab macrumors newbie

3rd time lucky. Finally found a bumper worthy to protect my 5 :)

The fit is the best I have found. It wraps around the back and front correctly while also overlapping the screen protector; this makes for a very good finish. I had a Spigen which is going to be returned not only for the poor fit but the protection is nothing compared to the Tech21.

Tech21 smoke/orange on black:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. v3rn macrumors regular

Saw these at the apple store today. They seemed really nice, but expensive for what they are. They seemed more flimsy than I would have liked.

But overall, they were one of the nicest cases I've seen.

3. ceezy macrumors member

Yeah I looked at them at the Apple store too, like them but don't care for the Orange bit. Anything similar with just a clear or white band? Looked like a well made product and fairly sturdy.

4. cali0028 macrumors member

Just so everyone knows if you buy one... The clear rubber or plastic turns yellow. I had mine for 2 weeks and returned it. The apple employee was like "that's not good".. Share your exp after having it for few weeks.

5. metalfab thread starter macrumors newbie

BestBuy only had the clear or smoke with the orange band. Tech21's site seems to have a better selection; http://shop.tech21.uk.com/store/iPhone/iphone-5-cases

I have the smoke colour and a 30 day return policy from BestBuy. If it turns ugly I'll return it ;)

6. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I have this case. And I love it!! Just make sure you get the re-vised version (the bottom part has three holes 1 per speaker/mic and one for the lightning port) the re-design made this one of my favorite cases. It's slim, easy to get in and out of your pocket. And it keeps the slimness of the iPhone 5

7. sphumi macrumors newbie

I don't like the colors, but it doesn't look like a bad bumper. i wish apple had made a bumper for the iphone 5.

8. keviikev macrumors member

I have the clear case. I have had it over month and it still looks good. Smoke is ugly on on the black iphone5. The case has best drop protection. Check out youtube iphone drop test:D

9. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

10. beeinformed macrumors 6502

I have the smokey color as well as the clear version. I am currently using the smokey version and find it quite sturdy, although the power button is a little stiff when pressing on it.

Oh well can't have everything! :)

11. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I thought a bumper just covered the edges of the phone.