Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telesmurfen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2016
Having become quite a «case enthusiast», I’m wondering what you think about the Evo check and the Pure clear cases from Tech21. Pros and cons? I appreciate all replies :)

FlippyGonnaSnap

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2019
Had an EVO on my old Galaxy S7 for two years, thing was incredible. Took every drop like a champ and left my device spotless.

Only downside is the yellowing but I think I heard that they’ve figured that out now.

[automerge]1572038734[/automerge]

Reactions: Telesmurfen

Telesmurfen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2016
Sounds great - can anyone confirm that the clear case is not yellowing as fast anymore? How about the size? Are these cases a lot heavier/bulkier than the official Apple cases? I’m sorry for all the silly questions..

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
A picture of my old XS Max.

tec05.jpg

Iphone5pilot

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
North Carolina
I purchased the evo check for my 11 pro, ive had the same case (as well as many others ) for my phones before this one.

I can absolutely confirm they have figured out the saggy area around the lightning port and this case is great , I don’t have the Apple cases yet for the pro, but like the previous tech 21 cases I have had, these are wider for sure but offer better protection...

I’m one month in with my pro and I haven’t bought another case yet, so that’s definitely saying something about the evo check... at least for me. Hope that helped

FlippyGonnaSnap

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2019
Sounds great - can anyone confirm that the clear case is not yellowing as fast anymore? How about the size? Are these cases a lot heavier/bulkier than the official Apple cases? I’m sorry for all the silly questions..

From what I’ve read the issue has been completely resolved and it doesn’t yellow at all anymore ever. Even if it did yellow I’d still recommend it, outside of the EVO Tactical line I honestly can’t imagine a case being more durable.

It does add a bit of extra width and bulk but they are literally less then half the size of other cases offering the same levels of protection. It still looks like a normal case if that’s what you mean.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Would love to try the Evo Check, but the color selections for the 11 Pro are crappy. If they had the white/clear in Evo Check for the 11 Pro, I’d grab one in a heart beat.

TSquareX

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2017
Massive amounts of T21 goods have been appearing on liquidation sites over the past couple of months, including the current iPhone models.

I also heard from a contact that works with liquidation lots that the Otter/PopSocket cases were also being liquidated.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Massive amounts of T21 goods have been appearing on liquidation sites over the past couple of months, including the current iPhone models.

I also heard from a contact that works with liquidation lots that the Otter/PopSocket cases were also being liquidated.
Why would they be liquidated?

TSquareX

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2017
Basically the way it works, if goods don't sell in-store (carrier stores, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc.), they get sent back to the vendor. They don't want them back so they end up in the liquidation shops for pennies on the dollar. The T21 stuff is showing up at flea markets for $3, 2 for $5 all with the $39.99 price stickers on them.
[automerge]1592905420[/automerge]
If you say so. I haven’t seen that anywhere
Maybe you're not looking in the right places.

Last edited:

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Basically the way it works, if goods don't sell in-store (carrier stores, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc.), they get sent back to the vendor. They don't want them back so they end up in the liquidation shops for pennies on the dollar. The T21 stuff is showing up at flea markets for $3, 2 for $5 all with the $39.99 price stickers on them.
[automerge]1592905420[/automerge]

Maybe you're not looking in the right places.
Must be, and since you don’t offer any information as to these “liquidation” sites besides calling them flea markets, I’ll leave you in your cantankerous stupor. Btw- anecdotal statements make for true stories.

Thanks for the business lesson though. 🙄

Last edited:

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I dropped my iPhone 6 from an elliptical machine and the headphone jack bent. It could have been the crappy aluminum, but the case did not help!

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008

With the glut of unsold inventory resulting from the shutdown and permanent store closures, TJX and Ross are poised to have a good year.

That's where I go to hunt for $40 Speck cases eventually being sold for $10.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
Seems like tech 21 is out of business. Or temp closed down. I opened support case a few weeks back and I still to this day get an automated support email sent to me stating that I have yet to provide further information. None was asked after my initial ticket was created.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.