Tech21 Evo Elite (Rose Gold)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by heyyitssusan, Jun 26, 2016.

1. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

Has anyone used this case? It's beautiful from what I've seen and apparently it's not slippery and has a great grip. I'm planning on getting it because I'm going on vacation and want to have good protection so if I take pictures or drop it it won't break.

2. blaine07 macrumors 65816

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I have zero interest in buying anything else Tech21. I have the Evo Mesh and it was awful. It was too bulky for too little protection. There was almost no lip, and the buttons were almost impossible to push. Can't recommend at all.

4. BigMcGuire macrumors demi-god

BigMcGuire

My wife got this for her 6s+ and ... it's not holding up very well (2 months later). The edges are starting to wear off like paint chipping and the bottom is falling apart. She wanted it to show the pink color of the phone. I've used Tech 21 cases before - have relatives with them - they're usually not bad, but this one definitely didn't do (purchased at Apple store).

5. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

I have one of the Tech 21 Impact Check cases that I bought for my 5s. It was very durable and protective. My only complaint about it is the terribly hard to push lock button.

6. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I wouldn't recommend this Evo Elite case to anyone. I work at Best Buy and I've seen these cases turn yellow and reiterating what BigMcGuire said earlier on, the rose gold paint on the edges chip insanely easy in just a matter of weeks.

Very poor quality product.

7. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the replies, guys! Wow, glad I checked on here before buying it. It's sad that a $50 case is cheaply made. Guess I'll be sticking with my apple silicone instead.

8. matthew.murillo951 macrumors newbie

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yeah, my father-in-law has used this case for 18 months or so and likes it.

Personally, the aesthetics aren't for me, and you're right about the screen protector being garbage, but it's a decent case with a ridiculous name.

10. DevinNj macrumors regular

I had one and wasn't very impressed. Buttons were hard to press, it yellowed quickly and overall I don't think it was worth the price. I actually bought a generic clear case from a mall kiosk for $15 that seemed a lot better.