Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
Although this case has been mentioned in various other threads, I haven't been able to find any pictures of this case with the phone in it. A couple of weeks ago, I got the Incipio DualPro Shine from Amazon and, initially, really liked it. However, I've grown to dislike the grey TPU material, which really clashed with the black front of my phone. Also, the input of my beloved Audio Technica earbuds would not fit through the headphone jack port opening without an adapter, which became a dealbreaker.

I ended up buying a black Tech21 Evo Mesh at my local Apple store and, so far, it appears to be exactly the case that I've been looking for. According to the reviews, the case offers superior impact protection, the port openings are large enough to accommodate various aftermarket accessories and its aesthetics perfectly complement the phone. The case is also considerably slimmer than the Incipio DualPro and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the form factor of the iPhone 6.

So far, this is my fourth case (I've also used a Spigen AirCushion, the aforementioned Incipio DualPro Shine and a Verus Iron Shield) and it's definitely my favorite one thus far. I don't usually switch between cases once I find one that I like and this one is here to stay.

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,472
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 289

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Although this case has been mentioned in various other threads, I haven't been able to find any pictures of this case with the phone in it. A couple of weeks ago, I got the Incipio DualPro Shine from Amazon and, initially, really liked it. However, I've grown to dislike the grey TPU material, which really clashed with the black front of my phone. Also, the input of my beloved Audio Technica earbuds would not fit through the headphone jack port opening without an adapter, which became a dealbreaker.

I ended up buying a black Tech21 Evo Mesh at my local Apple store and, so far, it appears to be exactly the case that I've been looking for. According to the reviews, the case offers superior impact protection, the port openings are large enough to accommodate various aftermarket accessories and its aesthetics perfectly complement the phone. The case is also considerably slimmer than the Incipio DualPro and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the form factor of the iPhone 6.

So far, this is my fourth case (I've also used a Spigen AirCushion, the aforementioned Incipio DualPro Shine and a Verus Iron Shield) and it's definitely my favorite one thus far. I don't usually switch between cases once I find one that I like and this one is here to stay.

I went to the Apple store to pick up a leather case for my 6 and saw this case and it's a really great case but I decided to go with the lifeproof.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
If you need to bump up the level of protection, Lifeproof is definitey the way to go. For me, it's way more than what I need. I do, however, have my eye on the Lunatik Aquatik, but that case is in the preorder stage and is not scheduled to ship until April 2015. I don't really feel like plunking down $100 on something that I won't see for 4 months, so I'm passing on the preorder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.