Tech21 Impact Mesh Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by venom600, Dec 31, 2012.

1. venom600 macrumors 6502a

I didn't see a thread for this, but since it's available at the Apple Store I figure people will be buying it. It seems only Apple is selling these here in the states (it's imported from Britain). I had previously been using the Rocketfish clear case and tried out the white bumper available from Target. The flaw in both is that they block the use of large Lightning adapters, so I'd been looking for something protective with an open bottom.

I saw this case online and thought it looked cool, and it should offer some measure of protection since it uses some special impact gel (the orange strips around the case). Most importantly, I can use my lightning to 30 pin adapter without removing my phone from it's case. It comes in clear and smoked (which looks amazing on a black phone).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Will the clear color go with the black version of the iPhone 5? Thanks! :)

3. BobbyWayne macrumors newbie

Here are some shots of the lighter case on a black iPhone 5. Sorry for the crappy quality of the shots, took it with my iPad. I think you get the idea. :p

Attached Files:

4. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting the photos!

5. LaymansDomain macrumors member

6. Vapvroom macrumors newbie

here's mine

tech21 smokey :) im loving this case, what about you? what other cases do you own or just this one? I have just this one, I returned my incase pro slider.

Attached Files:

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

So the mesh has nothing to do with the D30 material? It is just plastic?

8. AllAmerican macrumors newbie

It's just a mesh holes on the inside of the TPU

9. Jetstream macrumors newbie

Really interesting case and quite nice looking as well. I'm looking for a case that has a clear back but I'm a bit concerned about these "snap-in" cases that are of the harder sort. The iphone 5's aluminium sides are really delicate and I'm a bit worried in snapping these cases on or off - they're gonna scuff the sides of the phone?

Does this case have a softer inner liner? Does anyone know of a case which is soft lining/anti scratch inside but tough on the outside & is not gonna scuff the sides when getting on or off?

Any recommendations?