Tech21 Impact shield screen protector (6 & plus) - AVOID

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jackofharts, Nov 24, 2014.

1. jackofharts macrumors member

Just another one to knock off the screen protector list. This sells in UK Apple stores. It is discreet, antiglare and easy to install, but massively degrades screen quality. It is seriously grainy.

Anyone got a better recommendation? I'm tempted to overcome the OCD and go naked in the street as well as in my own home. Ha.

2. easyfame macrumors member

I have a zagg glass and have nothing bad to say about it. Some people don't like the partial coverage but what do you expect with the curved edges

3. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

4. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I don't feel that it's necessary for you to tell people to stay away from other people's products, but I guess you do have an opinion. I do use that tech 21 antiglare screen and I think it's fantastic. Just because you don't like it, you don't need to tell everybody else to stay away from it.

T

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

My thoughts exactly. I use the PowerSupport anti glare screen protector I bought from the Apple Store and it's also great. It doesn't detract from the screen quality at all. I've seen other people's phones with the Tech 21 screen protectors and to me they are no different.

6. blaine07 macrumors 65816

7. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I haven't tried the Tech21 Impact shield for the 6/6 Plus, but the Impact Shield for the 5/5s was just outstanding. I had it on my iPhone 5, my mother and daughter have it on their iPhones as well. I would be surprised if the version for the iPhone 6/6+ was different...