Techarmor Ballistic Glass iPhone 6 mini-review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by oplix, Oct 17, 2014.

1. oplix Suspended

oplix

I wanted to do a very quick mini-review for Techarmor's Ballistic Glass screen protector.

This is a tempered glass screen protector. It has good clarity and was very easy to install. Really easy to align with the home button and top speaker cutout.

The main problem with this product - and the reason why nobody should buy it is that techarmor miscalculated where the curvature of the glass screen begins.

What this means is that even with an absolute perfect installation, you will have a significant halo band all around the screen protector. This is due to the slight curvature of the phone's screen in the area where the screen protector's edges are.

I have attempted to contact Techarmor and request a refund but have not heard back from them in over two business days.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I had an issue with Tech Armor they replied instantly this was early Oct but they said the 6 was on backorder, hopefully the new batch fixed the cutout issues

I emailed them again this week and no response so maybe they are very behind on emails

did you box say Iphone 6(4.7") or New iPhone I think the original design said new iPhone and the second design says iphone 6(4.7"). this would be the little blue sticker on the bottom right corner of the frony packaging

3. oplix thread starter Suspended

oplix

I ordered a curved iloome tempered glass protector from Amazon. This thing is either going into the trashcan or im returning it if I ever get a reply from Techarmor.

Also this was the NEW batch if that's even a real thing. I got this end of last week.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

where did you purchase it from? Amazon?

5. drkash, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

drkash macrumors regular

I've installed the Tech Armor Ballistic Glass on my 6 plus... Pics attached. It covers the viewable screen area fully. Feels very smooth like the original screen. Overall happy with it, but this is my first glass protector so nothing to compare with.

Attached Files:

6. drkash macrumors regular

Second photo

Attached Files:

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

That's essentially the same area as is covered by the Zagg that Best Buy sells. I'm using one of those until something better comes along.

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

just got an email from Tech Armor as I was not happy with my first one, they have been out of stock because they have been re-desgining the glass and the cutouts, they should have the new ones ready for shipment next week

9. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Thanks for the update I just ordered one from amazon so maybe I will get lucky and it will look ok, but maybe I will be returning it for a new batch one. Hoping for the best.

10. xclusiv1 macrumors member

I sent tech armor an email on 10/21 asking if the ballistic glass dimensions have been corrected for the iphone 6+. I received an email back today, 10/24 saying yes, they have been. I just sent them a reply asking how would we know if you received the corrected version? is there a difference in the serial # sequence? etc.... I'm awaiting a response...

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

got my replacement today I have not installed it yet but the cutouts are improved compared to the original one for the 6

12. xclusiv1 macrumors member

I recieved one as well... it has a cutout for the front camera & a u-shape for the earpiece... I plan on installing tonight b/c my phone came in earlier...

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the 6 the front camera is covered and there is a separate cut out for the earpiece the glass goes around the earpiece and the top has a small u to not cover the sensor

14. xclusiv1 macrumors member

hmmm... did your box have the iPhones on the box or some girl on the front?

15. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

iPhones a 6 and 6 plus kinda angled, the picture for the 6 has a cutout like you are describing which is odd that thats not what the screen actually looks like for the 6

16. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I am still waiting to hear back from support after sending them my order number. If I don't hear from them soon I will probably just return it and try out the mime feather +

17. badger91 macrumors regular

I received one for my plus today and it had a U shapes cutout for the earpiece. Is that the updated version then?

18. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

If it also has a cut out for the front camera then yes. If no other cut out then it's the old version.

19. badger91 macrumors regular

Okay thanks! I have the new one then. I'm very displeased with the width of it. It just barely covers the display area of the screen.

20. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

ya the new one and the old one look the same width, the cut outs look to be the only think they improved

21. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Iphone 6 New and Old comparison

Old

[​IMG]

New

[​IMG]

Both are not a perfect fit but the cut outs are improved on the new version

22. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Hmm terrible tech armor lied to me. I contacted them before I purchased asking if they already had the new version ready to ship and they said they did so I ordered and according to your post I got the old version.

23. Jigga macrumors 6502

How did you get the old protector without it breaking?

24. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

pardon

25. Jigga macrumors 6502