Techie Quiz: T-Mobile 5.99 Data plan on 1st Gen 2.2.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bralmick, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Bralmick macrumors newbie

POP QUIZ!

I used this site, MacRumors, to correctly set up my 1st Gen 2.2.1 firmware iphone with T-Mobile. Worked great!

As much as I dislike T-mobile, I dislike AT&T more.

I'm stuck with T-Mobile another 4 months so I wanted to get EDGE working and do it without spending 24.99 a month.

I'm currently spending 5.99 a month, I had a Sidekick prior and it worked fine.

I want to stick with the 5.99 data plan and use it on my iPhone.

I know I get Edge service because it comes up right next to the phone's network bars.

Tried typing wap.voicestream.com into the APN field w/o Username and Password but that doesn't bring up google or anything. Just a single site which tells me to get 24.99/mo internet.

Also tried the other two possible APNs I see alot internet2 and internet3. Neither worked.

I've read a few things having to do with sending a proxy.pac file of some sort (don't know what that is) to my phone over the internet, if that's the way to go, I'll do that.

The end goal here is basic web-browsing capability and I'd really like to be able to use Pandora. I love me sum Pandora.

So there's the pop-quiz! Got the answer? If you answer correctly you get an apple!

[​IMG]

2. reelbgpunk macrumors member