Technical Reason For SMS Tone Limits

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrkactjob, Apr 7, 2010.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

IS there one?...the standard tones given are frankly pathetic...why hasn't this been addressed by a software update?

I don't want to jail break my phone, I will end up breaking it and god knows what happens when you connect to iTunes and recieve updates of the OS to a jailbroken phone.

You would have thought the Apple iTunes store may have made a money spinner of alternative text tones.

I don't care about the new phone and 'multi-tasking', if I do more than one thing at a time I just get confused anyway but if the new iPhone doesn't address text tone this issue I may not buy it.

2. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

I'm sure there is no technical reason for it, a simple yes or no choice I presume.

You really wouldn't buy an iPhone again due to a no text sound customization feature?

3. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

That's something that really frustrates me as well, especially as it is something so simple, but it definitely isn't a deal breaker!

AnDy

4. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

With all the clever people out there jailbreaking this and developing SDK that with their clever apps....but nobody can add a text tone to an unjailbroken iPhone.

Amazing.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I agree that the text tones mandated by Apple thus far are pretty much a joke.

Can anybody really take you seriously after they hear you get a text with "Horn" as your tone?

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

When I jailbroke I used the Android sounds for my notifications. They're not as jarring and much better in general. Hopefully Apple adds a similar option a la ringtones, just aggregates the two in iTunes to "Ringtones & Notifications".