Technically challenged

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ekallemeyn, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Ekallemeyn macrumors newbie

Hi. I am a 59 yr ole lady who bought an iPad for myself for Christmas. The neighbor helped me get it going. When we first synced it with my computer it downloaded some pictures to the iPad from the computer...I can't get them off. I apologize if this has been answered before. Please help...I don't want them on there..they were on a data card originally...Thanks in advance

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Welcome aboard.

First off, always try to be descriptive in the TITLE of messages.

To your problem. When you start up ITUNES, across the top (or almost top), on the far right, it says PHOTOS. When you click on that, it tells where your IPAD gets photos from. You can set a specific directory to pull only certain photos. So, it must be pulling photos from a directory that is currently selected. You can delete those photos from you PC, or move to another directory where Itunes will not look.

Hope that helps.

3. rrandyy macrumors 6502

There are instructions here:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

You want the "To delete photos from your device" section.

Edit: Congrats on your new purchase! If you have an apple store nearby, they hold free classes for iPads. I don't think the class will demonstrate this feature, but you can always ask.

4. Sirolway macrumors 6502

Well, if you have an Apple store nearby I suspect you can just walk in & ask any of the staff & they will be happy to help.

Or just keep Googling solutions / posting questions here - we love to help :)

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Way to go for your Christmas choice! Feel free to post back any time, if you need help!

6. Ekallemeyn thread starter macrumors newbie

7. CuppyCake macrumors member

CuppyCake

There are several classes that you can take at Apple. You should go to Apple.com find your store and there are varies choices. I got my mother an iPad for her retirement. She is 66. She loves and does not put it down.

You can take an many classes that you want. Apple technicians are great.

Good luck.