Technically, this is a "revised" version of the older iPhone so...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EMILinator, Jun 10, 2008.

1. EMILinator macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    should i wait a few months after July 11 to buy the new 3G iPhone until they work out all the kinks?

or NOT because they already worked out the kinks in the older iPhone and this 3G iPhone IS the revised edition.

i was very upset that it did not have video recording. pissed actually. and no sending pictures through MMS? bull****.

but i indeed liked the price, "dramatically" improved audio quality (so im assuming it wont be as "average" as the old one), the 3G, the GPS, improved battery life.

does anyone know if texting will be available in landscape mode? so the keys arent so cramped together.

thanks.

oh and PS,
    the 16 GB iPhone is $299, so shouldnt they freakin drop the 16 GB iPod Touch ($399) down to $299 as well?!!?! it doesnt make any sense. =/

2. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Correct!

Exactly what Apple does with the iPod. Improve it "just enough" and keep all the other goodies for later updates.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

AT&T is most likely paying $200 for the iPhones. That's why they're cheaper than similar Touches. You're really paying over $1,000 including contract, so I doubt they drop the price on the Touch.

Anyway, I'd buy it right away. Your complaints (MMS, better Camera support) are mostly software issues, and wouldn't be helped much by a newer version of the iPhone.

I don't think Apple will ever officially endorse an MMS solution, though it might be able to be done third-party. It's kind of like when the first iMac came sans-floppy drive and everyone freaked out. Apple thinks they've seen the future, and the future is push email on every phone.

4. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I don't think apple will offer MMS either, they always like to change widly adopted things to their liking. No floppy drive in i-mac, no cd drive in macbook air, and with the iPhone they see emailing pictures as the much better option.

5. Ag-Ryan macrumors newbie

if they see mms as obsolete and truley believe in push email, why didnt they just not include sms, when someone could just use email. i understand mms is less widely used than sms, but the two are definitely comparable.

6. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Are they? HOw many times do you feel like sending a text message, only including a useless picture (sometimes handy, but only 0.5% of the time), and paying 4 times the price for that MMS message?
    Me? I never do. My other phone is a sony k850i and I don't miss it one bit.

7. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Because iPhone sales would plummit and no one would buy one.

8. ripkord macrumors 6502

Dont see what all the bloody fuss over MMS is for, ooh I cant receive crappy quality pictures from my friends! Nightmare!

9. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Thanks for your opinion. Many people, however, do use MMS.

10. ripkord macrumors 6502

I appreciate that, what I cant be arsed with is a million threads bleating about it. If someone misses it that much then dont get the iphone, if they can live without it (and lets face it im sure 90% of the population can) then make your peace!!! :)

11. chrisparr macrumors regular

Each to their own.

I don't use MMS, and by the looks of it neither do you, but I wish I had 50p for everyone that does. If I made phones, I'd be including a feature that millions of people use, and has been standard on most other phones for years.

It's not like Apple needed to re-invent the wheel to add it to their feature list.

12. ripkord macrumors 6502

13. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

THANKYOU!

I used MMS fairly often, and I do miss it with my iPhone. What I hate more is when I recieve a picture, I've got to fanny about to see it. If a piece of crap nokia can do it, why not the iPhone?

14. EMILinator thread starter macrumors member

The Biggest Little City In The World, USA
    so..
    is can you do a "landscape keyboard"??

like horizontal instead of vertical? when texting. or typing in that matter.