Technology Blogs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wfoster, Mar 25, 2015.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

What blogs/technology blogs or website to people read and visit often?

Not only that, what RSS reader do you guys use for Mac and iPhone?

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Actually, I don't read technology blogs per se. Technology itself is not my primary interest - although I'll keep abreast of it. Rather, I am more interested in its impact on society and other matters.

This means that I will read them for a specific reason. For example, if there are political (either national or international) or economic decisions and actions concerning tech, I will track down an article or two from a tech perspective to see what they have to say.

Likewise, if there is a product which interests me, and I wish to find out more about it, (and it need not necessarily be an Apple product - my most recent trawl concerned Astell & Kern's MP3 player), I will take a look at some of the tech sites.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I just use the subscriptions in Safari. The only non-primary Apple blogs I subscribe to are Re/Code and The Verge.

There's a lot of other great tech websites out there, I just don't want to be subjected to every little article about little things. I already have all the hardware I want, I just want to read about new things that'll push it farther.

And I found that using s RSS reader doesn't really make any sense. Most tech "news" happens during the day, isn't something that accumulates maybe more than 10 news stories on any given day, and you never read the full story most of the time.

Reeder is very good though. I used it until I realized how much time I was wasting marking things as read and dealing with half working feeds that were nothing more than links to the full story and other articles.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Penryn

Apple fanboy

Other than this one, all mine are photography related.
    Froknowsphoto
    Dpreview
    Nikon rumours

Don't use RSS readers.