Technology firsts in my life.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jan 19, 2015.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Can't sleep, so I thought I make a thread about the technology firsts in my life. This might seem ancient to the youngsters. :p

My first cable was WHT. It required a brown box and an antenna outside the window, for only one cable channel.
    [​IMG]

My first game console was Atari 7800. I still remember playing Food Fight and Dig Dug.
    [​IMG]

My first game that saved data was the first Legend Of Zelda on Nintendo. I think it was the very first game that saved data.
    [​IMG]

My first Desktop PC was an IBM. It had a soft floppy and hard disk. Don't recall the exact model. But it looked just like this ......
    [​IMG]

My first internet experience was with Compuserve, Prodigy, and AOL. They all had trial periods for like 20 hours, so I tried them all until they expired. I convinced my mother to pay for AOL service which was the best at that time.

[​IMG]

My first portable music player was a Sony Walkman that looked like this ......
    [​IMG]

Before portable digital cameras, these were good enough for me.
    [​IMG]

My first smartwatch. Yup, I had one of these. Was able to store contact numbers on it too. This Casio watch still holds a place in my heart.
    [​IMG]

My first mobile communication and Motorola beeper/pager .......
    [​IMG]

My first cordless home phone ..... Seemed like everyone had this AT&T model back then, and you would hear your neighbor's conversations. :D
    [​IMG]

My first ever mobile/cellular phone was the Motorola i1000
    [​IMG]

My first portable game console .... it was pretty huge by today's standards.
    [​IMG]

My first Laptop/Notebook was a 1998 Dell Inspiron 7000 which I bought second hand in 2000.
    [​IMG]

My first audio mixer. It's almost useless to me now, but I still have it.
    [​IMG]

My first Apple anything .....iBook G4.
    [​IMG]

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Great idea for a thread!

My first video game console was the good old Atari 2600 - the earlier model with three switches per side.

[​IMG]

First computer was an old Atari 600XL - with a cassette drive! :eek:

[​IMG]

The first computer I ever used was a TRS-80 Model 3. My high school had some of those. Some old Kaypro suitcase systems, too. Ah, the memories!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]