TechRestore and my iBook =D OH MY GOSH!!!

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Ok, so DHL delivered my iBook by 11:00 AM today, well, I start it up and start checking out what it has.

Yes it is 500MHz iBook G3, but get this:
Instead of 192MB of RAM it has 320MB
Instead of a 10GB HDD it has a 20GB HDD.
The battery holds over an hours charge. I think it holds 2. I'm so excited, I just got off work and am installing Panther on it as I type this on the G5. I love it you guys I love it. Its so new looking too, except for the bottom.

TECHRESTORE - 200/100 rating.

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
Hooray!!!!

I've been following your DHL thread and it's a good thing all turned out well. And nice bonuses too! Enjoy the new toy!

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I can see by your avitar that you are now a HUGE DHL fan :D . Im glad everything went well for you. Im not a big fan of DHL myself.

briangig

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
similar thing with my ibook...specs were listed without airport or cd-rw, but it came with both..

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
briangig said:
similar thing with my ibook...specs were listed without airport or cd-rw, but it came with both..
I was hoping it came with Airport and at least a DVD-ROM drive, but I'm happy with what I got. Now I think I'll buy Tiger, I'm letting my battery charge and I think it will hold for 3 hours at least.

simmonstwin

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2004
South
Me and my brother , both got powerbooks g4 867mhz from them. They were in perfect cond. minus the bottums. My brother came with 640mb instead of the 128 and 80hd instead of the 40 . All that plus the 6 months warranty for under $850. That is cheaper that what you will get from ebay!!!They have great customer serive and are very frienly people . Would recommend them to anyone.

keith

Icespiker

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2005
Colorado
slooksterPSV said:
I was hoping it came with Airport and at least a DVD-ROM drive, but I'm happy with what I got. Now I think I'll buy Tiger, I'm letting my battery charge and I think it will hold for 3 hours at least.
Your iBook doesn't have a DVD drive? I think Tiger comes on a DVD... so you might want to check that. I guess there may be other ways to load it.

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Icespiker said:
Your iBook doesn't have a DVD drive? I think Tiger comes on a DVD... so you might want to check that. I guess there may be other ways to load it.
there is a swap out program but I think you have to send them your dvd first or something. I got tiger preinstalled, but I remember hearing that it was not the best system in the world...

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
webwesen said:
will Tiger work all right with your iBooks specs? thx
It'll run better than Panther, but my memory will be limited down to like 90MB for apps because the OS requires so much, a lot goes into widgets. But yeah, it'll run good, if I upgrade to 576MB RAM it'll be really good.