TechTool 4.5.3 Pro, after removing eDrive from external, it wont load.Please Help! :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by quadriplegicjon, Dec 8, 2008.

1. quadriplegicjon macrumors newbie

I had an eDrive on my external disk, and I went through the documented procedure for removing it (booting into the DVD, etc.)

After removing the eDrive, I clicked on the menu bar and was scrolling through in order to restart the computer, but TechTools crashed and restarted.. nothing was running at the time, so I thought everything was okay. Upon reboot, the drive won't load on my computer (i have rebooted a few times already). Neither USB, Firewire 400, nor Firewire 800 work.. but the strange thing is that the drive loads fine on my other laptop (macbook). What could it be?

I am running OSX 10.5.5 on a Macbook Pro 2.2 GHz SR (Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1).

Oh, and I tested out the USB ports with my thumb drives and they seem to be working fine with anything else.

:(

P.S. oh, techtools wasnt actually installed on the computer.. i had it installed before i upgraded to 10.5, which is why i booted into the dvd in order to remove the eDrive..

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

do you see the drive on the left pane in disk utility? if so, do a verify/repair disk.

3. quadriplegicjon thread starter macrumors newbie

you are soapster on GAF arent you??! you posted the same exact thing there. :lol

im running a repair disk through my girlfriends laptop.. hope that works. :)

4. quadriplegicjon thread starter macrumors newbie

repair disk using the other computer didnt fix anything.

5. mangus macrumors newbie

Problem Solved

I had the same issue, and thought I had lost all my Time Machine backups. All I had to do was Mount the drive from Drive Utility. I first verified the disk, then the Volume appeared. Then I clicked on the Volume and Mounted.