TechTool Deluxe failed Directory Scan and Volume Structure Scan?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MythicFrost, Sep 19, 2010.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hi,

I've got the free version of TechTool Deluxe which came with my AppleCare disc.

I just ran it on my 2009 27" iMac w/ 12GB RAM, 2TB HD, and aside from the Surface scan test which I skipped, it passed all but the Directory and the Volume Structure scan -- it recommended I download a version of TechTool Deluxe capable of repairing the problems.

So, I've verified and repaired permissions via Disk Utility (few results) and I ran it again and got the same results. Just in case it's relevant, I have a 150GB Windows partition on this drive as well as my primary OS X drive.

The volume structure error message is:
    And the Directory scan error message is:
    Both of these failed.

Any thoughts?

2. cyrilyoga macrumors newbie

TechTool Deluxe can scan volumes for problems

TechTool Deluxe can scan volumes for problems related to the numerous structures that are necessary for the volumes to operate correctly. If problems are found, TechTool Deluxe can attempt to repair the damage to help reduce the chance of future problems.

If TechTool Deluxe has discovered problems with the volume structure of a volume, allow the program to repair the problem. Quite often these issues are minor, but sometimes they can be indicative of a more serious problem. If the problem persists, consider backing up the device, reformatting the media, replacing the data, and then testing again.