Teen Drama

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So, I'm in a weird mood right now. I feel depressed and I'm over-thinking stuff. I'll try to be as rational as I can while I explain this. I talked to my girlfriend earlier today, and we hung up when she had to go eat dinner. She said she'd call me back when she was done so we could discuss plans for the winter ball that was the main subject of my recent thread. She said she'd be on AIM after dinner so I opened up iChat and played around in photoshop for a little bit. I posted a little here on MacRumors, and kept waiting. Before I knew it, it was after 9:00 and she wasn't on yet. Now, I'm sure there's a perfectly rational reason for her not logging on. Maybe she had to do something, or maybe she was tired and fell asleep. I don't know, but whatever it is, I still feel kind of horrible, on top of being in my depressed mood.

I would call, but I don't think her mom would appreciate me calling at 9:40 at night, and even if that wasn't an issue, if she's sleeping what would be the point.

For some reason I think that maybe she's not interested in me anymore, but although I have no evidence to back it up, my emotional side is still insisting that it's true while my logical side is thinking "dude you're crazy, there's no reason to think she's lost interest".

Again, I think this is my over-thinking at work. When I get in these moods I analyze every little thing to the point where I could find something bad about almost anything.

Anyways, I just need some advice.

2. shecky Guest

shecky

some advice:

chill out.

3. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

I agree! ;)

4. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Me too. You're overthinking this.

5. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

That's what the whole point of my post was...I know I overthink stuff, I want to know what to do about it.

6. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Yeah I know how that goes...

Just try to distract yourself with other things. You said you'd played around on Photoshop and posted on MR and things...maybe try watching a movie or talking with one of your other friends or something. Just keep yourself busy; maybe you won't think about it so much :)

7. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Good idea, I'll watch a 20 minute cartoon or something.

I just talked to her on the phone, and my fears are definitely unfounded (just as my rational brain thought). It turns out there was a family friend over for dinner who's serving in Iraq and is going back on Wednesday, so I don't know WHY she told me she was going to be on later if she knew about that. Fortunately, I called at JUST THE RIGHT TIME. We talked for like 5 minutes (our shortest phone convo yet, yesterday we talked for 2.5 hours, thank god for free nights and weekends :p )

Anyway, despite this I'm still in that slump. I'm going to watch something before it gets too late.

8. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I was planning on going to bed around 7, but my girlfriend called around 8 more pissed off then I've heard her in a very long time.

Her friend John is dating her roommate, and decided that since my girlfriend didn't keep her promise and call him over the weekend, he wasn't going to be friends with her. He would simply say "Hi" through the room mate.

Doesn't drama suck?

9. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Get a blog, I'll RSS ;):D

10. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I have one, and by all means, read it. :)

(Link in my siggy)

11. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Take a sleeping pill, go to bed and get some rest;)

12. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

One thing to do Ghall is just to relax and chill out and does your grilfriend go to the same school as you?If she does then talk to her tommorow

13. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

That was going to be my next post. Gotta do things in stages, you know?;)

14. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Sounds like she's lost interest in you, has she been mentioning any other boys names a lot lately ? She's prolly out cruising with one of your so called friends right now, drinking and things :eek: :eek: :eek:
    i agree "dude you're crazy", spending so much time worrying about it, plenty of fish in the sea, what you need is a few beers, put on a bit of led zeppelin and as has already been mentioned 'Chill Out :D then get a good nights sleep. Then tomorrow will be a new start, you'll have a spring in your step and a smile on your face and a huge sense of relief that you could still be chained to someone so shallow that she's not at your beck and call 24/7, then you can start looking for a new girlfriend, someone can out spit, out fight and out drink you, someone that will appreciate you, and will have your name tattoo'd on her ass, i hear Britneys free? :)

you really think all is well ??
    We talked for like 5 minutes (our shortest phone convo yet, yesterday we talked for 2.5 hours, thank god for free nights and weekends )

*LOL* Just winding you up, your worrying about nothing, she's had 'a family friend over' you worried about nothing ;)

15. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

No, she does not. She used to, but she transferred a couple weeks ago.

You scare me. :eek:

16. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Oh ghall... your posts always makes me laugh. :D

17. angelneo macrumors 68000

:eek::eek: You should put a disclaimer at the top of your thread. What if Ghall stopped reading halfway through?? :D

Didn't you read this thread?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=420850

18. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I don't think that ghall would ever kill himself. At least I don't think so...

19. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

mellow out!

But to be fair, I think that way sometimes too....

20. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

I do so enjoy reading your post's ghall they do make me smile why you are asking strangers that you don’t know for yet more advice which make's me question your mental age. There is a perfectly good reason for what’s happening right now and it's probably the opposite to what your thinking you really do make life hard on yourself don’t you but you make others laugh if I was in your kiddie shoes and girly dress i would have a beer and a smoke and chill and listen to some music being as you cant choose for your self i would say listen to some rock i.e. led zepp or jimi Hendrix and not jump onto the net and ask a bunch of people what to do i may be harsh but welcome to the real world now dry you eyes and blow you nose and think for you self and stop being a gimp ;)

21. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I counted three periods in this entire paragraph; two of which don't count.

Run on!!!:rolleyes:

22. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:eek::eek:

Yea....ignore that advice :)

23. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy