Teen Plans Columbine-Like Attack Plan

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Tumeg101, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

2. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

"What is this country coming to?" Tis a sad time when this is the way kids deal with their problems :(

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Only a matter of time before something like that happens here, the world really is in a sorry state isn't it?

4. SteveG4Cube macrumors 6502

This is 10 minutes from me, all over every local TV channel. Just kick back and enjoy the downward spiral of civilization. :cool:

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The world? Keep it in America

(....although it does happen elsewhere. Sometimes)

6. joeconvert macrumors 6502

Yea, b/c the nanny state UK is so safe for your averge person on the street. :rolleyes:

7. bartelby macrumors Core

Well we don't have so many random shootings...

8. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

How long till parents all over America blame video games for this? :mad:

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

....or organized mass killing sprees planned by students.

10. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

When I saw this I was waiting for the news that George Bush was at fault. I've kind of missed that kind of reporting. What happened to it?

Seriously though we are hearing about this kind of stuff more and more. Is there really no answer to this and how to stop it? Or do we not like the answer we find?

11. tollboothwillie macrumors newbie

tollboothwillie

not only did the mom buy the guns but she also had taken him out of school and he was seeing a shrink.

12. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

If by "assault rifle" you mean a 9mm carbine with no ammunition, then yeah, damn, he was dangerous. I love the heaping pile of airsoft guns that they put in the picture to make it seem like he was a walking arsenal. If you'll notice, that news site also tagged a picture of a rifle scope as a "grenade".

Actually, on closer inspection, I don't see a single "firearm" in that whole pile. The 9mm carbine that they so cleverly scare us into believing is an automatic weapon (see the actual definition of "sturmgewehr" is probably a Beretta CX4 Storm...which fires pistol-caliber ammunition. That particular weapon isn't even restricted in Canada. :rolleyes:

Not saying the kid isn't a nut. Just saying that you shouldn't buy some things (read: anything) that you hear on the news without doing some checking on your own.

13. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Nothing ever happened to it, you're imagining things.

14. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Agreed. He only has one real gun, the rest are toys. I had more guns then that when I was 14. Story is a little blown up I think. 9mm "assault rifle". :rolleyes:

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

At first I was shocked at this American kid for being gun crazy.
    Now I'm shocked at the American media trying to throw us up into a frenzy.

I asked for an air rifle when I was 14, my parents just gave me a subtle look that made me never even think of buying weapons again.

16. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

While I agree that the kid is pretty much a whack-job, you doom and gloom experts have to come to terms with a couple of things.
    One is that all of those mass murdering automatic death spewing rifles are AirSoft pellet guns. Every one. They are air guns.
    The mother is of course also a whack job, but a 9 mm pistol is not an assault rifle. It just isn't. Dangerous, yes potentially, but it is a semi-auto pistol with no ammo.
    And for all of you "Only in America" folks, I would like you to stack the death toll by gun fire in America against the death toll by gun fire in Europe over the last 100 years. Go ahead. Europe wins that slaughter by a landslide.

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You're a funny man.

18. evanlong macrumors newbie

19. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

What's Britain being a 'nanny state' (in your opinion) got to do with anything?

20. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

The second most disgusting thing in this story is that a County District Attorney can't complete a coherent sentence:

21. Scubajay macrumors regular

Scubajay

Er hang on though.....whilst not on the same scale we are in the throes of a knife fest though. I don't think we are sufficiently out of the greenhouse to start throwing stones just yet.

Don't know......but we are. Doesn't seem to matter though, as the whole world's going to hell in a handbasket no matter how much (or little) they are mollycoddled. (nice avatar by the way - it's one of my favourite shows)

22. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

why can you just walk down to a corner store and buy guns?? you should need a license. and only be allowed shotguns (for farmers), not handguns. thats why Australia Rocks, we have no iPhones but we have brains!

23. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Might have something to do with the two world wars fought on a continent with two and a half times as many people?

Topically, while the United States may be more violent than most other first world nations, the murder rate is only 5.9 persons per 100 000 and felony murders only account for about 1/5th of that. Your almost three times as likely to die in an auto accident.

I'm certainly not suggesting that the causes of violence shouldn't be pursued vigilantly. Rather, that this mass hysteria and paranoia about random violence is a bit extreme.

24. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Airsoft will never be portrayed realistically in the media.

25. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I'm sorry, but when a school claims they are "safe", its more or less a joke.

I remember at my old high school, we had 3 security guards and approx 4 sheriffs on patrol during the school day. The school had a student body size of about 1800 students. The size of the campus itself makes it incredibly easy to infiltrate and cause harm.

The security guards, typically, 2 of them stay in the office and one stays on patrol only on one side of the campus, the open area. The sheriffs are normally guarding one area, where parents drop the kids off.

If one person, armed with a standard handgun and a silencer, is smart enough, he or she can take out the entire security force at my high school before any announcement would be made.

Furthermore, if any incident occurs, like a fight, EVERY security guard/police officer rushes to the same location. I remember during one of the fights, the staff rushed over tho the fight but completely ignored another fight happening across campus.

I'm sorry to say, but schools are seriously not doing much to safeguard kids. At least thats whats happening at my old high school.