Tekken 6 - Your Thoughts.....

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Oct 30, 2009.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So I bought it and here are my thoughts...... Let me know what you thought of the game.

Well Namco's big hitter is here and I have to say so far I'm a little dissapointed.

Why ?

Well two main reasons.

Firstly, Graphically this game is hitting way below the bar raised by the studios previous titles.

When you compare the title to Soul Calibur IV (Namco in house) then you have to really ask what went wrong with Tekken 6.

There are textures and assets here that would look 'just acceptable' on a PS2 game. The game is jagged and suffers poor aliasing.

SoulCalibur IV ran at full 720p, 60fps, had all the post processing filters, blurring etc., and generally looked stonking all round.

So why is Tekken 6 running at something like 576p. Namco have touted the motion blur effect to be the main reason for this decision choice. However when you see it in effect you realise sadly that the motion blur filter does nothing to enhance the games visuals, and if so much had to be sacrificed for such a weak effect then Namco should not have bothered at all.

But again I'm not sure if I believe that can be the reason if SoulCalibur IV imparts all the post processing effects and doesn't cause the game to look like sh*t.

Another annoyance that has been mentioned in the review but doesnt hit you until you start playing the game is the loading times. With Tekken 6 installed to your HDD your talking 10-15 second loads ? What is that all about ? Your pushing Wii resolution graphics almost and taking 3X as long to load as your previous offering ?

With SC IV, installed to the HDD - SoulCalibur IV's battles/matches load in a matter of 3-5 seconds.

It's just madness, and multi-platform development can not be the excuse otherwise the same situation would be applied to SCIV.

The final gripe, is that the game doesn't appear to offer that much 'new' over Tekken 5 other than a little bit more customisation of characters with accessories etc. That's all fine and well but when the customisation looks as ropey as it does here why bother ?

Scenario/Battle mode returns and is as useless as ever, with the graphics taking a further knock down the chain to bland level design and poor camera.

Somthing is rotten in the state of Namco..... and it seems to be Tekken 6 :(

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Although I like T5: Dark Resurrection I couldn't justify spending more money on another fighter game...I have BlazBlue and Street Fighter 4 and barely play them so thats it for me with fighting games for a while. T6 doesn't seem like a big update from T5 just with new characters....I'll pass.

Bless