Telecom Operators iPad app?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MaciOS, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MaciOS macrumors newbie

Dears,

I'm writing an article about iPad and Telecoms operators and I want to see if anyone knows if there is any telecoms operator App in Apple Store ?

If you know any app. please let me know.

Thanks

2. hval macrumors member

hval

Telecoms Operators?

There are a few apps aimed at telecommunication organisations, and a number aimed at telecommunication organisation users. Which end are you looking at? Also a web search for Apple apps and telecoms will provide the information. Either that or a search in the Apple App Store

3. MaciOS thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to search in itunes and google, unfortunately the search function in itunes is basic.

and I'm looking for any application that has been developed/created by any telecoms operators (for any function).

4. hval macrumors member

hval

In one minute I found plenty of Telecomm apps in iTunes. You aren't trying. Here are a few.

Verizon Fios TV app
    MiFi
    BusinessCalls
    Verizon Arena
    CommStudy
    Comms Wiring
    BT Exchanges
    BT user Twitter for service status alerts
    Globe Services for the iPad
    Telecom
    Voipmobile
    Foocall
    UK Text

There are loads more. Use telecom provider names and you will find loads more (e.g. Vodafone, Virgin, O2, Verizon, BT, Bell).

There you are, I have provided the start, now do your own research.

5. MaciOS thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi

Thanks for the information, I'm talking about IPad app not iphone and I'm looking for apps developed by the telecom operators themself

so far I only found "Globe Services for the iPad"

6. hval macrumors member

hval

Some of these apps are for the iPad only. Some are developed for both. Have a look at the developers. You might see a persons name, but many are by Telecos. E.g. BT is a teleco.
    Go check them out in more details.

7. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

on the danish app store you will find "Mobil TV" made by telenor, one of the iphone carriers.