Telegram won't send message via Watch dictation

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Buran, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Buran macrumors 6502

Buran

One of the things I use Siri on the watch for is to send quick messages while driving.

If I say "Send Jane a Telegram message that says I'm almost there" with my watch, I expect the message to show up in a preview followed by a "Don't send" button that allows me to cancel; this works fine with SMS and iMessage. When sending that kind of message, i just drop my wrist and I'm done. But when I try to send with Telegram, I see "Continue on iPhone."

If I say "Send message" Siri says "To who do you want to send a message?" like I never just asked that a message be sent.

I am not going to pull out my phone while steering a two-and-a-half-ton death machine. Dictating texts is more than I really prefer to be doing anyway and if the message can wait til I get where I'm going, I wait. (I feel like I'm one of the few people that doesn't text and drive, sometimes.)

What's the secret to get Siri to actually do her job and send the message? It works fine on the phone but with the phone either stowed in my purse in the back seat or connected to the headunit for CarPlay, I can't exactly mess with it -- and having the phone in my hand and having to look at the screen to hit a send button is a safety hazard.

This is not well thought out at all and it needs to be fixed.

(I do have the Telegram app on the watch.)

2. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

Maybe the makers of Telegram need to
    update their watch app with siri kit to enable Siri to be used with it.
    Try emailing them about when they plan to update their watch app.