Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bydandie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Does anyone else subscribe to the Telegraph newspaper in the UK directly (ie not via an iTunes subscription) and try to access it via the news app?

If so, do you continually get asked to login even though you had the last time?

zobby

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Hi. I’m in the Uk and have subscription the same as you. Not having the same issue here. I can access without being prompted each time.

Reactions: bydandie

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I subscribed through the news app and even though I had paid it stopped giving me access. I had to cancel my subscription and re-subscribe on the web.

Reactions: bydandie

bydandie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
Hi. I’m in the Uk and have subscription the same as you. Not having the same issue here. I can access without being prompted each time.
I spoke to Apple support yesterday and was told that it was by design. I had the in-app subscription first and wondered if that caused the issue (and still do).

bydandie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
I subscribed through the news app and even though I had paid it stopped giving me access. I had to cancel my subscription and re-subscribe on the web.
I had no issue whilst I was subscribing through iTunes but it's cheaper to go direct yet more convenient to have it through the news app :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.