kevan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Found this while looking at TUAW. I haven't myself tried it yet, but it seems like a pretty damn good idea. I'm also not a developer/possess no knowledge of code, but they offer to let others in on the project so maybe you fine people with that kind of handiness could help out.

http://code.google.com/p/telekinesis/

TonyRockyHorror

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Gaithersburg, MD
i was jsut about to post this!

i tried it out and it works fabuloously! something like this and a SKetchPag-like program were the two things i wanted most for my iPhone!

one down, one to go!

Comment

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
wooow that is totally craZy! what is its actual function?? u can get into you mac and do what exactly>>??

Comment

Asar

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
can someone be kind enough to give me the steps to allow my router to let this to work? my iphone is just loading and then it says cant load.

Comment

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
Wow.

This has the potential to be absolutely huge. A real web based killer app for the iPhone. Cant wait for them to come up with some extremely useful scripts.

Comment

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
wooow that is totally craZy! what is its actual function?? u can get into you mac and do what exactly>>??

while i was playing with it, i was able to load any .doc or .pdf file on my computer (which could be useful)... and i could also load any photo from my computer as well. it's too bad you can't stream movies or mp3s yet though. hopefully it's something they're working on.

Comment

Retired
May 16, 2006
This is awesome...hopefully by the time the iPhone reaches the UK, this will be developed...

This development is awesome, and after QuickSilver, I doubt anyone thought they could match their achievement...

Comment

michelle21

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Comment

miep

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2007
Applescript?????

Huh?

When I browse my homedirectory, the iPhone displays a button 'run' next to any file with extension 'scrpt'.

What is that? Does that mean 'run on iPhone' or 'run on server'?

iphoneapplescript.jpg

Nothing happens when I click on it. The applescript file itself contains just a helloworld() applescript application.

Comment

hcopp

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2003
East Lansing, MI
really slick stuff, got it to stream some seinfeld over wifi, worked like a charm, even let it buffer an epsiode on edge for a few minutes and got 30 seconds worth of video, awesome stuff.

Comment

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
hmm... just upgraded and the streaming isn't working for me. it says "safari can't open the page because it could not connect to the server"

also, is there any way to get the camera to work with USB webcams? i use macam and a plugin in ichat to get it to work normally.

Comment

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
Huh?

When I browse my homedirectory, the iPhone displays a button 'run' next to any file with extension 'scrpt'.

What is that? Does that mean 'run on iPhone' or 'run on server'?

http://www.belboek.com/~miep/iphoneapplescript.jpg

Nothing happens when I click on it. The applescript file itself contains just a helloworld() applescript application.

it will run it on the server. i just tried running the "export addresses" script for address book and it ran it on my computer.

Comment

craigverse

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Reno, NV
I must say, this is REALLY amazing.

I like the idea of being able to take a picture from the isight and also being able to access my files is HUGE!

Comment

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
whats the send text box do in the screen shot image?

I sent a simple "hello" but i dont see it appear anywhere on my phone or computer.

Comment

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
Singapore
this is a really amazing feature.. getting ur files from anywhere. can u only open them? i spose u wouldnt be able to save them onto ur ifone cauz it cant read them. what protocol does it use?? it wouldnt be ftp would it?

had another question but 4got it.. nice

Comment

MBM007

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Boulder
frozen

While using telekinesis I attempted to load a photo....which it did...then my iPhone FROZE???? I tried to hold the sleep button down and no response.....its never happened what do I do??? DO I just have to sit and wait for the battery to run out???

Comment

MBM007

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Boulder
I ended up holding down home and off for 20 seconds and the thing finally restarted.....that was scary!!!!
anyone else have any problems with this app???? its really sweet but I don't really want to have to force a restart again????

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.