Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pwdr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
Hi,

I have just downloaded Teleport for my Macs. I put this in the PPC forum because I'm running a PPC Mac and Intel, so figured you fellas may be able to help.

I have 1.1.2 for my iMac on ML and 1.0.1 on my iBook G3 on Tiger (10.4.11).

iMac's going to be the controller.

I have set the TCP Port Numbers to "44176-44177" as advised in the ReadMe.

Just to state the obvious: selected "Activate teleport" and "Share this Mac" on each machine.

I have them connected by Ethernet and confirmed this is working by accessing Finder>Shared>iBook and "Connect as..." then logging in and transferring files to the Desktop of the iBook.

Neither Teleport is seeing the other Mac, always saying (in grey) "No shared Mac found on local network. Please check "Share this Mac" on the Macs you want to control".

I've checked everything I can think of and, typically, the Teleport forum is down.

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
What about running 1.0.1 on the iMac?

I don't use this app but keeping both Macs on the same version might lead to better coexistence. 1.1.2 may be using newer protocols that 1.0.1 doesn't recognize.

Last edited:

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
Good point by eyoungren.

But just to make sure, you say you've checked everything you can think of but did you go into Sharing under System Preferences and ALSO check on File Sharing for each Mac and set which folders to share? Just double checking the obvious.

Last edited:

Pwdr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
What about running 1.0.1 on the iMac?

I don't use this app but keeping both Macs on the same version might lead to better coexistence. 1.1.2 may be using newer protocols that 1.0.1 doesn't recognize.

Thanks eyoungren, this did it. I didn't try 'downgrading' because the website says that 1.1.2 only works on ML (I thought maybe it meant that only 1.1.2 works with ML).

Thanks!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks eyoungren, this did it. I didn't try 'downgrading' because the website says that 1.1.2 only works on ML (I thought maybe it meant that only 1.1.2 works with ML).

Thanks!
Awesome, that's great to hear! You are very welcome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.