Television for my Desk

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Aug 28, 2012.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

As a middle schooler I remember I had a 5", black and white CRT television set that I used to watch wrestling with in my room at night because I wasn't allowed to. I think it was like $25.

It broke, I think from water.

I've been looking for something similar for my dorm room desk for when I have late nights working. I can't find a new TV that suits my needs. One that fits literally right on the desk with taking up minimal space. Black and white is cool if it has to be.

If I bought one of these used, would cable work with them?

2. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

I will find a TV to hold you off until the New Apple television is release whenever Apple starts to announce them.

3. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Apple is coming out with a 5" TV?

To the OP, I used to see little TVs at flea markets a few months back, maybe try a local one? There were black and white so I didn't buy one, plus they used an antenna and I use cable, but I'm sure with a little modding they can suit your needs. Check good wills, flea markets, yard sales, etc.

4. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

seriously, you're cool with black and white???? And 5"?
    Check out this refurbished coby 15" for $69.99 from best buy, and its an HDTV. I think you could fit this at the edge of a normal size desk. I'm hoping this is like a home sized desk not a school desk.

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

This might be a stupid question, but why not just stream tv on your laptop? And if you need to work while watching, get a cheap second monitor. The footprint on your desk will be tiny.

6. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030