Telia to get iPhone in Sweden

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wunderbaren, Oct 3, 2007.

1. wunderbaren macrumors member

Rumors said that Telia sent out a message yesterday and said that Telia will Sell iPhone in Sweden, and more info to come shortly.

EDIT: Info has leaked out that Telia is testing a SWEDISH iPhone on Telia.

2. rmapple macrumors newbie

rmapple

3. cube macrumors G5

Probably an unlocked iPhone with only some nordic languages on board.

4. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

One bleek day in 2013 perhaps...

Telia - the AT&T of Sweden.
    Telia getting an exclusive deal on the iPhone would just be the final nail in this coffin Apples bean counters has so ingeniously crafted. I can't wait to see the roaming charges.:rolleyes:

For the non-swedes here. Telia is the "new" commercial reincarnation of the old state-owned phone company that until not long ago had monopoly on all phone traffic in Sweden.

5. sananda macrumors 68020

hi

are there any rules/regulations/laws about locking mobiles to one network in sweden?

6. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

All carriers will unlock the phone after the contract has expired. You have to pay about $50 to get it done. Alternatively, you walk into a store/ get on the internet and have it unlocked from day one. Same cost. No one cares really. In reality all phones are unlocked or could be easily unlocked if you want/need to. Most people with non high end phones just don't care to unlock their phone because they will buy a new one within a year. I have a big pile of old cellphones here. I would say about half of them are unlocked.
    As long as the carrier get the monthly payment from you, they couldn't care less if you unlock it or not. Carriers over here have contrary to AT&T understood that is a loosing battle.

I know of only one carrier exclusive phone SE V800. SE made an identical phone within a year that was unlocked.

7. maiklokka macrumors newbie

So does this mean that I will be able to buy Iphone at Stockholm on 11th July?