Tell me about Inquisitor....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bentvalve, Jun 4, 2009.

1. bentvalve macrumors newbie

2. bentvalve thread starter macrumors newbie

3. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

Not since safari 4 it isn't. Unless, that is, you want pages in your site results.

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Agreed. Used to use it, but Safari 4 pretty much solves this problem. Now if you want a REALLY awesome plugin, check out Glims.

5. integrat.ethis macrumors regular

Seconded on Glims. Add Safari AdBlock and you've got something that can go toe to toe with Firefox.

6. ihabime macrumors 6502

As I recall was some kerfuffle about inquisitor inserting affiliate links into search results involving amazon and other commercial sites.

There was also some speculation that the developer was manipulating the order of the results to feature his affiliate links.

I think that inserting the affiliate links was a clever way for the developer to finance a free app, but he should have been upfront about the manipulation.

In this case the developer hid the fact that he did this until others discovered it and then his reply was along the lines of 'It's a free program and I'll do what I want with it' (the developers original reply was here http://www.newsfirex.com/blog/?p=193, but he seems to have deleted it now).