iPhone 6(+) Tell me it's a joke...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Racineur, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Racineur macrumors 6502

Racineur

Hi, story time I guess. Seen this on Amazon Canada. Cannot believe it and cannot believe some people bought it and liked it. Tell me, is this possible? Gee, it's Amazon. After all those bad news about 6 and 6s in the past weeks, a good ol laugh does some good. Just sharing thoughts.

iPhone 6s Plus.png

2. macfacts macrumors 68030

macfacts

Amazon reviews are for the product, not the seller; and anyone can sell stuff on Amazon, just like eBay.

3. cyclingplatypus macrumors 65816

cyclingplatypus

The reviews aren't saddled to the seller just to the device - that is sold by DC TRADE, if you look at there amazon.ca store you see they try and sell quite a bit of stiff well above the MSRP - I have always wondered why Amazon doesn't crack down on sellers that try to blatantly rip off customers.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

I appreciate their appreciation on headphone jack or whatnot. But given iPhone 6s Plus is still on sale in local Apple store, brand new, in a much lower price, unless that device is loaded with iOS 10, no reason to sell that high. No reason.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Partly because sellers know the iPhone 6/6s is extremely popular right now due to the battery program and they are selling quickly. Some sellers are testing the market to see what some will pay for exorbitant prices, even though there is nothing commending enough to purchase at that price.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Hmm. This definitely means something. People seems to still love having an iPhone with headphone jack but not too old. Idk.

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

A dog walks into an Apple store...

Oh sorry, I thought the subject was “tell me a joke”.

8. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Sometimes the prices of items being sold by 3rd party sellers honestly seem like they're randomly generated. There are plenty of times I've seen items that I could get on eBay for $100 listed in the thousands for some reason. I can't explain it.

9. aevan macrumors 68020

aevan

Edit (I didn't understand so I wrote something else): just saw the price - ok, I see what you mean. I didn't know how much a CND is, but after converting, yup, that price is insane. Is anyone paying that much? Why?

10. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Of course there's nothing wrong with liking the 6/6s, but the OP is right to think that it's insane to try selling one for nearly $1800 CAD! Something is not right here.

11. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Free shipping though if you're a Prime member! ;)

12. chabig macrumors 601

There is no way to know whether anyone paid that price.

13. macTW Suspended

This.

Amazon has degraded over the last five years. Used to be purely reputable sellers, a much preferred alternative to eBay.

14. aevan macrumors 68020

aevan

Yeah, completely my bad, didn’t understand. Edited the post - sorry.

15. Racineur thread starter macrumors 6502

Racineur

C'mon I can have the same for CDN 400$ or less on Kijiji. I think asking 1800$ for a used iPhone 6s is nothing else but a joke. A brand new X 256 G sells for 1529$ on Apple.ca. Lot of money for sure but still less expensive than this 6s.