Tell me the real deal about SquareTrade.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PittsDriver, Apr 3, 2012.

1. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I would like to think I am going to keep my new iPad for more than a year, but probably won't as I only had the first iPad, and iPad 2 until the next model came out. I am really going to try and keep this for 2 years so I am now considering a warranty. I have heard horrible things about BB's program so I will stay away from them, however I thought I had heard good things about SquareTrade. Anyone have any personal experience with them? Or is it best to get AppleCare+?

2. mikepro macrumors 6502

Direct from Apple will always be best. Just get Applecare+ and stop worrying about it.

Or, if you can't/won't do that, then use the search button, there are tons of threads on this topic already.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

I don't own a SquareTrade policy but from what I understand their maximum liability is the value of your iPad, so, for example, if you have $499 of repairs on a $499 iPad then coverage ends regardless of how much time is left in your purchased warranty period. May not be a deal-breaker but relevant.

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

They'll do a replacement in this case. Either send you a check for the value or a refurbished iPad. Plus, SquareTrade handles loss and theft.