Tell me what you think!

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
3,860
5

Now it's only got three sections at the moment, a place where you can upload files, a Feature Index (with animations from the web in it), and a News section.

We will be having our own forum, and some other things we are still just planning, but we're going to tie it all together (ie, you log into the forum, and you get the ablility to add Flashes to the Feature INdex, buy uploading them in a special way). This will all apear soon (enough)

Tell me what you think of the basic design.



Oh yeah, if you want to go straight to the uploader, you can go to www.boshtyfile.co.nr.
 

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
2,414
0
The Library.
Killyp said:

Now it's only got three sections at the moment, a place where you can upload files, a Feature Index (with animations from the web in it), and a News section.

We will be having our own forum, and some other things we are still just planning, but we're going to tie it all together (ie, you log into the forum, and you get the ablility to add Flashes to the Feature INdex, buy uploading them in a special way). This will all apear soon (enough)

Tell me what you think of the basic design.



Oh yeah, if you want to go straight to the uploader, you can go to www.boshtyfile.co.nr.
that's really nice. maybe maybe make the white text on the green buttons bigger.
 

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
I like the kind of free-flowing nature of the layout. Not too structured, so it's kinda fun and whimsical. The background image is very nice, lends itself to that whole "light and airy" feeling that you have going on. That's just the feel I get from the website. :)

I think my biggest gripe is your navigation buttons. Not only is the black somewhat difficult to read (that's likely due to the thin font), but when hovering over it, the bottom half of the word is cut off due to the underline. I'd suggest making that font somewhat larger, if nothing else.

The feature index takes awhile for me to load, so I can only imagine what it'd be like on dial-up. Your blue header shifts around from the main site to the feature index (the feature index has it sitting higher on the page). I would also add that blue header to the "File Upload" section, too. Shifting/appearing/disappearing UI elements aren't generally a good idea.

EDIT: You have a few typos in the "About" page. And when I select all the text on the green headers while dragging my mouse down, on the main page, I can make the text disappear.

Not too shabby, though! Cool name, too! :)
 

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
3,860
5
Lixivial said:
I like the kind of free-flowing nature of the layout. Not too structured, so it's kinda fun and whimsical. The background image is very nice, lends itself to that whole "light and airy" feeling that you have going on. That's just the feel I get from the website. :)

I think my biggest gripe is your navigation buttons. Not only is the black somewhat difficult to read (that's likely due to the thin font), but when hovering over it, the bottom half of the word is cut off due to the underline. I'd suggest making that font somewhat larger, if nothing else.

The feature index takes awhile for me to load, so I can only imagine what it'd be like on dial-up. Your blue header shifts around from the main site to the feature index (the feature index has it sitting higher on the page). I would also add that blue header to the "File Upload" section, too. Shifting/appearing/disappearing UI elements aren't generally a good idea.

EDIT: You have a few typos in the "About" page. And when I select all the text on the green headers while dragging my mouse down, on the main page, I can make the text disappear.

Not too shabby, though! Cool name, too! :)
I've updated the difficult to read GUI buttons (new shiny design!!!), and the person who I made the site with has done some funky changes to the News reader (it now smoothly scrolls up and down, and functions off the keyboard).

We're also fixing the glitches at the moment.
 

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
3,860
5
dornoforpyros said:
it's very Zombocom

the only limit, is yourself....
Actually the fact that I can't get MySQL running on my server is very limiting, but other than that, you're quite right! :p
 

JeanJPoirier

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2006
26
0
Montreal, QC
The arrows to scroll down are a cool idea, but I think it would be a lot more convenient to just be able to scroll down normally. That would get kind of annoying after a while, in my opinion. :(
 

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
3,860
5
schaef2493 said:
Very nice. How did you make the text fade in like that?
It's just a white box over the top which fades out. It's all flash ;)


JeanJPoirier said:
The arrows to scroll down are a cool idea, but I think it would be a lot more convenient to just be able to scroll down normally. That would get kind of annoying after a while, in my opinion. :(
That's something we're going to work on tomorrow hopefully. We've got to get some kind of forum working though which is more important...
 

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
3,860
5
okay, we've just added a few new features...

Where you can upload files (free, yay!), it now tells you when you upload a file that isn't allowed, and gives you an option to submit a request (to have that file type allowed for example).

We also added a Your Thoughts section, which can be found in the NEWS section. We would really like to hear what you think there...

:)

Many thanks for the so far VERY useful comments!
 

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
3,860
5
Okay, we now have a forum set up!!!

All we need now is how to get higher into Google :p

Currently if you type it in it links to my signature on MacRumors, and our actual domain is on the second page at the top.

How do we get higher up?