Tell me why you actually liked your PC

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by jeffmorr, Sep 26, 2008.

1. jeffmorr macrumors member

Mod note: thread title changed form original 'Tell me why u acctually liked you're PC'

Okay. Well we all know that PC's are good for some things. So everybody, post why yours was helpful.

I'kll go first. My PC was usefull for after when I dicected it. The fan was really good. Also, I got a PC for school, it's really usefull to bug up (give viruses) to the school servers

2. belvdr macrumors 601

What a childish thing to do, good grief. I'm not a Windows fan by any means, but how would you feel if someone put your data at risk on purpose and just to be mean?

3. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

Can we be serious about this? Some people on this board have no problems with Windows. I used windows up until a year ago, so my vast experience is with Windows. I can still remember being in awe by Windows some days when I was younger.

4. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

I liked my PC because it made me much more appreciative when I finally got my first Mac. ;)

5. StatiK76 macrumors member

StatiK76

I LOVED my PC because there were literally dozens and dozens of different Linux distros, BSDs, and unix variants to toy with ... plus I was really into the never ending chase - the latest greatest hardware upgrades ... or building my own home network out of other peoples crap hardware ... it took 25+ years .. but i eventually grew out of it.

StatiK76

6. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I went through this period a couple years ago where I wanted something... different. Along with wanting my own computer. (I was 12-13) I saw an old pc with 98 on it at a garage sale, and convinced my parents to let me buy it. I have always *known* that macs are better, but I just wanted to get away from it for a little and try the unknown. I loved that thing. But now that I'm away from it, macs are better than ever. I wasn't connected to the internet and I STILL have problem after problem with that thing.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The thing I like about this toshiba i have until i can afford a new macbook. it cost $495, and uhhh...........yea

8. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I liked being able to tinker. And still do, just because I bought a Mac doesn't mean my custom builds are going anywhere. Ubuntu of course.

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

10. gre9del macrumors newbie

I'm a tinkerer, we're usually more attracted to PC's because of their relatively open platform nature. A PC, a Mac and a hackintosh is my ideal computing setup :D

11. mwchris macrumors regular

Grammar, AHHHH

Mods, please fix the thread title. "You're" is incorrect, it should say "Your".

On with the thread. I like my pc because I like to be knowledgeable about all operating systems instead of just tied to one. There are some things that I can do quick on a pc and some things faster on my mac. It just depends. I like to think I am an able user no matter what type of system I am using.

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

They're cheap. A cheap 14" Compaq Laptop, $479 after rebate and taxes. My Compaq PC server with a 120 Gig Hard drive and DVD burner was closout $199...

My Thinkpad X31 small notebook was $899, compared to the price of a 12" Powerbook at the time ($1599).

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I liked it because of the large amount of programs you could get for it.

14. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Good thread, great question:

Without the PC I would have never developed and made it over to a Mac.

15. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

16. pawn3d macrumors regular

I still like my pc's and continue to use both

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i like it as i can build one for cheap, run programs i need, and use it as a game machine if i want

not to mention i run osx on there in the form of hackintosh. best of all worlds

18. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I haven't bought a new PC in almost 8 years! :eek:

I still have a really old system lying around. I configured it as a VPN server.

I used to install different OSs (Linux) on the same box, play tons of games, etc.

I barely touch Windows these days, except to do stuff for work.

19. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

I'm on a Windows machine for 8 hours every day at work so it's refreshing to have a mac to come home to. I have no desire for one at home anymore, althoguh I may install windows on my MBP for gaming, but that's still a maybe at this point.

20. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

It was a cheap way to run Ubuntu. Pretty much.

21. gotzero macrumors 68040

22. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Being able to run Flight Simulator. Since i am an aviation enthusiast i want to fly in flight simulator "online" on vatsim servers in virtual airlines. Only Windows can run it, you can run Windows on a Mac but the only Mac that would run it flawless with no issues would be Mac Pro. I will switch to a MacBook Pro in a couple of years anyway:D

23. MacsBestFriend macrumors 6502a

MacsBestFriend

24. djellison macrumors 68020

Bingo. I love my desktop PC - wouldn't change it. 3ds max, some games, a tiny app called img2png - all sorts of reasons.

25. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

same here. i like the customization that pc platform allows whether its windows or linux. used mac for a while but it didnt' meet my requirements. im picky, i care great deal about little things. most of them of course would not matter to anyone who just wants to listen to some music, surf the net and maybe create a document.

i'll probably use mac again but would take windows/linux any day ovre macs. when i'm on a mac, i get the feeling, "you're a stupid user, apple knows whats best for you and there's only mac way of doing things".

no thanks.