Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
I am getting nervous seeing a collection of people posting the problem with their Air 2, so I'd like to get an idea of how many good ones are in forum users hands. Tell us about your iPad Air 2 in satisfying quality and glory.

FranksWildYears

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
My only - possible - regret is that I opted for gold instead of silver. I need to see how I feel about that over the next few days.

I'm loathe to change though because the screen is perfect. No weird cold / warm areas or bands. Just great.

FranksWildYears

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
I wouldn't say that. I'm just not sure about it; I'm about the last person you'd expect to sport a gold iPad though, so I might keep it for that reason.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
I think they nailed gold on 5S and Air 2. It looks somehow faked on the 6/6+ with the antenna plastic lines. It's gotta be a single plate of gold on the back to look good.

But I went for black because it's the old guard Classic.

smiddlehurst

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2007
My gold 128Gb Air 2 came yesterday and, so far, it seems just about perfect. Display looks good, consistent lighting and a noticeable improvement on the Air I was using (these are work devices btw, wouldn't have paid for the Air > Air 2 upgrade as I was happy with the Air). Touch ID works well, though it doesn't seem quite as consistent as my 6+. Maybe I just got a slightly off scan the first time through.

To be honest the only thing I'm not 100% happy about is that there's a noticeable vibration through the case when using the speaker. Side effect of having such a thin device I guess and I'll get used to it but pretty sure it's not a flaw in manufacturing, just a factor of the design. Doesn't distort the sound at all and, to be fair, the quality of the sound is pretty good for an inbuilt speaker.

Oh, and I'm really glad I went with the gold... boy does it feel weird to be saying that. Not a fan of last years gold iPhone but the change in colour for the iPad coupled with the white front works very nicely indeed. Definitely prefer it to the silver / white combo I was using last year, especially with the small gold ring round the home button. Just feels like a bit more of a contrast while still being complimentary and it's a genuinely nice colour on such a big slab of metal.

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
So far mine is great. Screen is very good. As others have said only issue I have is the sound vibration.

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
I love mine! It's fast and beautiful. The screen is perfect. The Touch ID is a nice feature. The Air 2 is SO light and thin. Much nicer to hold than the 3! I'm liking iOS 8.1. (I kept my iPad 3 at 7.1)

I bought the gold, and it's not bright bling gold. I think it's attractive, but won't see it much because I use a case.

I'd say this iPad is perfect, but Im not used to the vibrations when the volume is at 50%+. The sound from the speakers, though, is much improved from the iPad 3!

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I think they nailed gold on 5S and Air 2. It looks somehow faked on the 6/6+ with the antenna plastic lines. It's gotta be a single plate of gold on the back to look good.

But I went for black because it's the old guard Classic.

I went for the gold, but I have to disagree on the 6/6+ (I have white/silver, but I like the gold one.) The main thing I don't like about the gold Air 2 is that they kept the chamfer which puts it a little over the top, that plus the large apple logo. Other than that I like the color.

rtr1985

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
If you can't confidently rock any color of an iDevice--only one question: do you even lift, bro?

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Gold in a Midnight Blue smartcase looks really good. The case hides the back, but leaves the polished gold around the home button and edge visible.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
I have heard about how the sound vibrates the back of the iPad, but is the speaker any louder? I noticed that the speaker is much better on my 6+ in comparion to old iPhones and even my iPad mini 2. If I considered upgrading from the mini 2 I would hope the Air 2 would have a better speaker....

Honestly I still can't understand why the speakers on the iPads arent WAY better. My wife has been using Kindle Fire tablets, (having had 2 now), and the speaker on that thing with the Bose sound is absolutely amazing! Where is beats audio on the iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.