Telus Canada getting ready for iPhone 5!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waloshin, Oct 1, 2011.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Buy an iPhone 4 on a three year plan and add a $50 plan , ends October 3rd! The day before the iPhone 5 announcement.

[​IMG]

2. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Rogers has been having that deal for a while as well.

That's only 60$ off the usual 160$. Not worth having an outdated phone in a month from now. 60$ is nothing compared to the total ownership cost with 3 years of voice+data plan.

Such a ripoff for people who have no idea what's coming October 4th. The 4 will probably take the place of the 3GS and become free with a 3 year contract in Canada this Tuesday.

3. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Damn... I feel sorry for you guys in Canada. 3 year contracts!!!!

AT&T only makes me sign for 2 years and let's me get a discounted iPhone EVERY year.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

I feel sorry for you guys in the US. Here in the UK we have 18 and even 12 month contracts on the iPhone. ;)

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

that has been advertised on MR for the last month.

6. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

I feel sorry for you, here we have Verizon with 4G LTE technology

7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I feel sorry for both USA and UK, you both have crumbling economies and are in big debt issues.

But OP, that's very old i've been seeing the ads for months

8. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

In Canada, we usually have a small discount if we renew our contract when a new iPhone comes out and we have the previous one. Usually 400$/500$ instead of the full 660$/780$

If we renew after 2 generations (I think after 22 months minimum) you will get the full discount (160$/280$) if you renew your contract.

I agree that 3 years is way too long. They basically make sure everybody gets locked in a commitment renewal loop. To get out, you either have to buy your new phone at full price and forget the 500$ discount, or keep your phone until it's 3 year old and really crappy. I certainly wouldn't want to be using an iPhone 3G right now.

9. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

18 is only with o2, and 12 with tesco mobile which is always sold out. We're mostly 24 months.

3 years is incredible though. Imagine getting the iPhone 4, then not upgrading until the 7. They'll probably be holographic by then LOL

10. profets macrumors 68040

The 3 years is terrible. The only upside, on Rogers for example in Canada, is that since the 3G in 2008, iPhone users have continually been able to upgrade every year at the 199/159 price.

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

I never said it was with all carriers and if you looked at my smilie you would know I was being sarcastic.

12. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

That's funny because given how crap the contracts you have in the US are I wonder how much 4G data costs. Thanks but I'll rather save my money because 3G here is fast enough for me anyway. ;)

Tesco have had a good amount of stock of the iPhone 4 since like January.

Either way we're quite lucky to have great sim only contracts here so buying the iPhone outright seems the way to go here in the UK.

13. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I know you didn't, I just felt like pointing that out. And, please, a wink smiley? How the hell does that tell me your being sarcastic?

Hmm, your right, they do have stock at the moment but for black iPhones only. I've probably just been noticing the white ones.