Temp not showing in NC Today Summary

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Synergie, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I just went back to iPhone from Android since iOS 7 fixed many things I was missing in previous iOS version (and I was tired of waiting for JB releases etc)

I just picked up an iPhone 5S 32 Gb space grey (got tired of white devices... lol)

One of my biggest pet peeves was no weather or appointments on the lock screen. The today tab on the notification center now being available from the lock screen removed my need for the Lock Info app I relied on before.

My issue: The first few days it was showing a nice 2 line text summary showing the current and forecast conditions for the day, the current temp and forecasted high / low temps.

Now it's only showing the current / forecasted condition but no temps at all.

Anyone know why this would be??? The weather IS there, and is correct when I check with Yahoo weather... meaning the location services etc are working fine (I dbl checked the settings anyway). So why were the temps showing before but not now??

I did JB btw, and installed the NCWeather app from Cydia which puts a nice minimalist weather graphic that works with iOS 7 look. But I can't put it at the top above the summary... so it looks weird being below the today summary (which I want to keep - I turned off the today view with the cal icon because it uses useless space if you have no appts for awhile... the summary lists appts for the whole day which is all I need.

Any fixes for the temps not showing???

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I think it depends on the time of day. I noticed at some points it will only show the high and low. But usually in the mornings it will show the temp.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Reset all settings. That will fix it 100%.

Unless you want to use iFile and fiddle with the system files.

4. Altis macrumors 68020

I've done that, didn't fix it. I haven't bothered to look for a pattern of when it shows it and when it doesn't, but it is really silly.

Honestly, I don't need a spiel that doesn't give me useful information. It's also silly that it requires location services to work, while the weather app does not (as you select cities). Hopefully at some point you'll be able to set a location for NC weather.

5. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay so sometimes it seems to randomly show the temps (high and low and even sometimes current temp), and other times it will just say something like "Mostly cloudy conditions with low visibility" with no temps.

It does it for me on both the iPad mini retina AND the iPhone 5s. And they always say the same exact text. So I am thinking it's on Yahoo's end....

6. Armen, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If resetting all settings didn't fix it try the 2nd approach.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/973228

7. Altis macrumors 68020

Thank you for taking the time to post that link. However, mine doesn't disappear entirely, and that appears to be a jailbreak issue with a jail broken app solution.

Maybe a future update will fix it.