Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebeephaha

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Seattle WA
Abstract said:
Yeah, widgets and even individual apps. Not sure how accurate they are, though.

Well they read right from the temperature right from the computer's heat sensor so. Theres no reason for it to not be accurate.

joebells

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2005
thebeephaha said:
Well they read right from the temperature right from the computer's heat sensor so. Theres no reason for it to not be accurate.

temp sensors built in to the computer aren't always the most accurate, many times they can be off by 10 - 15 degrees. It also depends on which sensor. A socket sensor isn't the best. Generally the best one is the one built into the cpu but its not always accessable its not on the motherboard I have for my windows machine but was accessible in previous revisions to said motherboard.

TheBusDriver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
How do I share my iTunes music from my PC computer to my MacBook ethernet or wireless will work

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
The CPU temp as determined by CDT isn't very accurate but there are no other accurate ways open to the normal person. The other relevant temp, case temp is determined by using an infrared non-contact thermometer. You can pick them up cheap on ebay. I've had hours of fun (actually - more like extreme alarm) pointing it at the Macbook/Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.