Temperature Alert iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JLemm, Jul 20, 2010.

1. JLemm macrumors regular

Has anyone had this happen yet? I went to answer a call this morning and I got the Temperature Warning screen. My buddy called me 3 times this morning and when he was calling the 4th time and I went to answer this popped up.

[​IMG]

2. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

I just got this message, myself.

I'm sitting in my air conditioned (71 degrees) office, and have barely used the phone all afternoon.

Strange!!!

3. JonB3Z macrumors 6502

No, but with the phone sitting in the hot sun in my car window running the TomTom GPS app, the display dimmed to invisibility, which is one of the symptoms Apple says can occur due to overheating. (Interesting that there are multiple ways the iPhone can respond to overheating -- probably because there are multiple sensors measuring heat in different places.)

4. mservice macrumors newbie

Temperature Alert iPhone 4

Haven't had that pop-up, but after the upgrade today the phone has been noticeably hot and the battery is losing power faster then it has ever done before..

Anyone one else have this problem after the latest upgrade??:(

5. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

Never got this warning, although I live in hottest place on earth (Dubai)

6. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

crazy, i thought this was a joke for a second....like you made that screen for a laugh....

haha.....i guess its real..

7. greenday123 macrumors 6502

Does the back of your phone feel hot when you touch it? Or does it feel normal? If it feels normal I would try to restore and if it continues try to get a replacement from Apple? This would be normal if it's been sitting outside in the sun or something similar.

8. techguy1 macrumors regular

They do get warm sometimes :D

Attached Files:

9. greenday123 macrumors 6502

Haha, very nice photoshop

10. aaronazevedo macrumors newbie

This just happened to me today, and in the past 2 days I've noticed my battery drain super fast. I did just notice that Skype was left on, so I have logged out, and am currently charging. I think the phone is cooling down.

I hope my battery figures itself out. Next step is a software update when I get home.

11. MCRunning macrumors 6502

I've never have got it. However I've gotten this message at the beach with my Ipad